LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv Aneesh Trivedi 9424449500 (Advocate)     07 February 2016

Pf of wife

I have wife PF account number , i gave RTI for all details but they refuse as they said it is the violation of privacy so i am not able to get any details of it, my query is:

HOw i can get it?

wife lied in the court about her salary, i want to file perjury?


 12 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2016

You can not get any information of PF account of your spouse as it is third party's information. (invasion on privacy).  Contact your advocate for further remedy as RTI Act is clear in personal information.

Adv Aneesh Trivedi 9424449500 (Advocate)     08 February 2016

agree but if we submit account number of PF account in court then court will call the record of her account or not ?

Toughest2016   08 February 2016

Prefer appeal with RTI appellate using CIC decision. Decision No.1816/IC(A)/2008

Toughest2016   08 February 2016

Prefer appeal with RTI appellate using CIC decision. Decision No.1816/IC(A)/2008

Adv Aneesh Trivedi 9424449500 (Advocate)     09 February 2016

This is very good judgement.............and is very useful..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 February 2016

CIC has ruled that in cases where there is a court case between husband / wife, details regarding EPFO / PF of anyparties should be sought through the court only.

Decision notice: 

It is seen that the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi vide it decision dated 1/7/2009 [W.P.(C) 803/2009 Vijay Prakash vs. UOI and others] has held that in a private dispute, between husband and wife, the basic protection afforded by virtue of the exemption from disclosure enacted under Section 8(1)(j) cannot be lifted or disturbed unless the petitioner is able to justify how such disclosure would be in ‘public interest’. The appellant has pleaded that the information is required by him to contest the allegedly false affidavit filed by his estranged wife. If that be so, the appropriate remedy available to the appellant would be to apply to the concerned Court for summoning the records of the EPFO but seeking such information under the provisions of Right to Information Act is certainly not an appropriate relief. In the matter at hand the appellant has not succeeded in establishing that the information sought is for larger public purpose. It being so, there is no need to interfere with the decision of the respondent. The matter is closed.

Thanks (Hon C.J.Karira - posted in RTI India. Org.

Adv Aneesh Trivedi 9424449500 (Advocate)     10 February 2016

@G.L.N. Prasad

when any body objet then this citation is useful, but for public interest and to bring truth the information must be privided

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 February 2016

In the forum, the replies reflect specific legal position on specific issue and stated when old decision was cited in earlier replies.  Perceptions differ.  The stated decision is against providing information in RTI and suggests HC judgment for obtaining such information through Court.  So there is a way and both can be explored.

Toughest2016   10 February 2016

@498a fighter, This link can help, if you know the employer name. Search employee within then ask the list of employees from PIO

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     10 February 2016



Please see the following thread to know more.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 February 2016

You can obtain desired information through court by filing a petition to summon the concerned authorities to produce the same. 

Adv Aneesh Trivedi 9424449500 (Advocate)     23 February 2016

the next date is 26 feb the last fourth chance to produce evidence from wife side as she is not appearing for her own evidence in her own case as the case is filed by her own........

after that i will file perjury as suggested by Rocky smith and also file petition suggested by T. Kalaiselvan

so both the purpose will serve simultnously either by court self or by my petition....


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query