I really pity you, so much obsession for men's rights brought you down to such levels, you lost the logic of understanding statistics. In my earlier post I quoted about Section 498-A conviction rate and I said that it is low but not as low as men's activists project (you say it is only 2 to 3%, where as 2009 statistics released by the National crime records bureau says it is 19%). As a rebuttal, you place Domestic violence Act statistics (According to you they are obtained under RTI, but is privileged information as it is secondary evidence in SC - If it is not hawabazi, what is hawabazi) but unfortunately those figures do not support your case. If the above statistics are read with the reports of the various committees on the implementation of DV Act, the following inferences come out:
1. There is not proper awareness about DV Act in the society. Women as well as men do not know about this Act. Even in the metropolitan cities, the awareness about this Act and women's rights under various laws is minute. (In recent survey in the country's capital city, only 23% women only heard about this Act and they also do not know what is the protection this Act gives to them and the other 77% never heard about this Act).
2. Most of the Magistrate courts, without knowing the provisions of the Act, follow the strict principles of Cr.P.C. calling the applicant as complainant, respondent as accused, demanding the presence of respondents in person, giving personal exemption to the accused only for that date on the basis of application moved by accused, issuing non-bailable arrest warrants if the accused does not present, etc. etc. (you see, even vishwa used the word accused and acquittal)
3. The State Governments have not appointed protection officers, recognized service providers and the budgetary allocation for propogation of this Act is left unutilized.
4. In some cases, the service providers, refusing to go to the house of husband to prepare DIR or to serve court notices/summons even at the command of the court saying that the husband's family members and their Mohalla people are attacking them.
On the basis of this, study the above statistics. There are less number of cases registered. Even though, interim relief provision is there, only a few people are availing them. We do not know by above statistics whether, there were interim applications filed by the applicant and were rejected. We cannot say in every DV there will be necessarily interim relief application. It also talks about "charges framed", where as in DV Act, charge framing provision is not there.
Try some other statistics, the above table does not serve your purpose.
By the way, how many times, men's rights activists are punctured by Indian courts in respect of DV Act.
They demanded DV Act cannot be operated retrospectively - TURNED DOWN.
They demanded respondents shall not be women - TURNED DOWN.
DIR is compulsory before giving interim relief - TURNED DOWN.
It is better to understand that not only a wife, a father for his daughter, a brother for his sister, a son for his mother, a grand father for his grand daughter are thankful for this Act . Along with every suffering woman of matrimonial offence, her male natal relatives also suffer.
This is my last post on this thread.