LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   19 January 2016

Paying maintanance outside of the court

I got divorce through court. I need to pay a maintanance of 14 lakhs to the bride. The bride parents are asking to pay the maintanance outside of the court in front of elders. If I pay outside of the court and if she again re-opens the case for maintanance (say after 1 year). What kind of proof I can submit in court to avoid to pay maintanance again. Please suggest.

Learning

7 Replies

Sushant Singh (Private Service)     19 January 2016

Never make this mistake ! Dont be a fool. Never pay anything or make any settlement outside court.

Sushant Singh (Private Service)     19 January 2016

Never make this mistake ! Dont be a fool. Never pay anything or make any settlement outside court.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     19 January 2016

Pay them through Bank Draft or Cheque, take proper duly signed reciept of the same and keep the record of bank as well the signed reciept  of the payment as proof of payment to be shown in the court, court will accept it and the opposite party will not be able to deny the payment made to them out of court.

We do this every day in so many cases of execution of payment.

Manoj Choudhary (Advocate)     19 January 2016

Agree with vijay raj....better have a compromise deed sign by her and her family members.

Sidharth   19 January 2016

If you are giving it as one time alimony, why to give outside the court? Give draft/ bankers cheque in front of judge.  So can judge write this in his/her judgement that lump sum alimony paid vide draft/ cheque no xxxxxxxx

FightForCause (Businessman)     19 January 2016

No money Settlement outside court...they can come back anytime that the amount was less and file new cases.

Ravi   19 January 2016

Thank you everyone for your valuable suggestions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register