Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Machender   19 May 2016

Pay protection

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am presently working in Public Sector Undertaking as Assistant Manager (Finance) in a pay band of 29100-54500 3% Increment.

I got selected in UPSC exam for a post having basic pay 15600-39100 Grade Pay 5400.

In view of the above am i eligible for Pay protection in my new employment.

Your valuable guidance is required.

Regards

B Machendar

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 May 2016

Pay scales in PSUs and Government are not identical. The UPSC would have granted advance increments if deserving.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2016

If you had applied for the present post after taking NOC and through proper channel, then you may seek technical resignation if there are rules permitting you get technical resignation which will protect pay of the previous employment. 

If a permanent employee is selected on the basis of his application for posts in other Central Government Department/Offices/ State Government, his lien may be retained in the parent department for a period of 2 years. If the employee concerned is not permanently absorbed within a period of 2 years from the date of his appointment in the new post, he should immediately on expiry of the period of 2 years either resign from the service or revert to his parent cadre. An undertaking to abide by this condition may be taken from him at the time of forwarding of his application to other departments/offices. 

In cases where a Government servant applied for post in the same or the other Departments through proper channel and on selection, is required to resign the previous posts for administrative reasons, the benefit of past service, if otherwise admissible under rules, is given treating the resignation as a "Technical Formality"

A permanent Government servant appointed in another Central Government Department/Office has to resign from his parent department unless he reverts to that department within a period of 2 years, or 3 years in exceptional cases. Such resignations shall not be deemed to be resignation for the purpose of pension, if admissible. As a consequence, continuity of service benefits should be allowed to such employees in the matter of pension, leave, LTC, etc. as admissible under the rules.  

The pay protection aspect may be confirmed within the organisation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register