LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ananth   27 April 2018

Paternity leave eligibility in psb

Dear Sir/Madam, I am Ananth , scale 2 officer at Gujrat in india post payment bank which follows iba rules. My son was born on 24.01.2018 at my native state TamilNadu . At that time i was working at Postal department which is direct central government. I was working there till 09.03.18 and had not availed any paternity leave while working there. I joined india post payment bank on 26.03.18 and applied for paternity leave as per their leave rules which states that the leave should be availed only upto 6 months from the date of child delivery. At first Postal bank asked me a letter from my previous employer that i had not availed paternity leave while working there. I had submitted it now. But now they are refusing my leave over phone stating that i will be eligible for paternity leave only i am a employer at the time of delivery of my child. But this point is not given either in iba rules or ippb leave rules or central govt leave rules. Hence please guide me whether the view of HR department of my bank is correct. Else how can i proceed further to avail my paternity leave of 15 days if i am eligible as per rules. My six month period expires on 23.07.2018. Thank you Sir/ Madam, Regards, I.Ananth, Deputy Manager, Ph: 9865419495

Learning

4 Replies

kameswarao S (Head HR)     27 April 2018

I opine that what they are saying is right.  For eligibility of leave You should be an employee of the organization at the time of the delivery. Some of the leaves you can not carryforward even you are continuing in the same organization hence the new organization is not liable.

Thanks

Kamesh333

Ananth   27 April 2018

Thanks for your immediate response Sir. I too thought the same way initially but the rules are not clear in this maternity and paternity leave. For all other types of leave, it starts with "an officer" but for these two types of leave only the timeframe is mentioned. But my doubt is if we imagine the same case in a other view that if a baby was born to a female officer on mar 20 and if she joins a new bank on march 30 and then applies for her 6 months maternity leave, does the bank will reject the leave citing reasons that the girl was not an employee of our bank at the date of child delivery. My other concern is my bank HR department rejects my leave application over phone and not on email officially. This raises my suspicion further sir.

Ananth   27 April 2018

Thanks for your immediate response Sir. I too thought the same way initially but the rules are not clear in this maternity and paternity leave. For all other types of leave, it starts with "an officer" but for these two types of leave only the timeframe is mentioned. But my doubt is if we imagine the same case in a other view that if a baby was born to a female officer on mar 20 and if she joins a new bank on march 30 and then applies for her 6 months maternity leave, does the bank will reject the leave citing reasons that the girl was not an employee of our bank at the date of child delivery. My other concern is my bank HR department rejects my leave application over phone and not on email officially. This raises my suspicion further sir.

kameswarao S (Head HR)     28 April 2018

Dear Sir,

As far as the Maternity leave is concerned the new organization won't allow any new or old employee to join / report for duty before the completion of the eligible maternity leave hence no female employee is going to be allowed with in 10days from the date of delivery.  Hope you are clear. 

Regards

Kamesh333

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register