LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

isha (nione)     15 June 2014

Passport with wrong dob

Hi This is Isha. I had an indian passport which got lost . The agent said he will give it back but never did. I didnt file an FIR as well. It was lost in year 1988. Now I have another passport with different DOB only year is changed with 1 year accidently. THe agent who did that has died recently as well. I never used this passport to go anywhere as I was scared but I didnt know what to do as well. This new passport has also expired 5-6 years back. What can I do now. What would be the penalities If I want to make another passport with my original dob. Earlier on when this passport with my wrong dob was made we didnt have to give any proofs so It was only in form and agent who filed for my passport made a mistake but It was my fault too that I didnt get it changed that time. Pls Help me I m scared I hope I havent done much damage, I was just not responisble and litterate enough. I am only 12 th standard passed harly.


 2 Replies

geethu (student)     15 June 2014

don't worry. its not issue. you apply online for renewal with expired option. take print of dob change and affidavit. but you have to give right documents this time to prove your age ,like 10 and +12 cert or driving license. 


thats it 


no worries


they can't do anything because you don't have any case of criminal or pending in court

so issue with dob but late submission

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     15 June 2014

Intentionally giving wrong information in any govt.department is itself an offence , if wrong information is given by mistake then when you came to know about this you should have to apply for its rectification and get it corrected , but don't worry because you hadnot used that passport and no criminal cases are upon you , now you apply online to renew your passport and this time fill right date of birth on it and give appropriate evidence of it (submit your10th certificate in which your date of birth is mentioned ) , give right information and live tention free o.k..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register