Upgrad LLM

parents refusal


My name is pavan nagendra,staying in bangalore age of 27 years. My parents are staying at other part of bangalore and due to some quarrel they are refusing to meet and i have tried family counselling which also failed due to their non-communication. They are also not sharing the telephone numbers.

My elder sister has been married religiously. I have been asking my parents to conduct my marriage in same way, which they are refusing.

As elder son i would like to perform duties as per hindu religion, which they are not allowing me to do. Please could you help me to get my family back.




Senior Partner

Once children are fed well, clothed well, given basic education and nurtured to their respective adulthood, the parents duties are over and they are in no compulsion to further bonds with their children if any, due to some acrimonious incidence from one of their child(ren) which hurts them. This is acceptable Asian way of life. 

Having opined as above following may help regain parental love and affection;

. Publish in local daily / national newspaper an ‘unconditional apology’ sighing the item as their son and post the full page of the newspaper to them to make aware of your efforts to regain their trust, love and affection. 


2. Involve close relatives, elders, close family friends in patching up differences with unconditional assurance of not repeating incidence that hurt your parents. 


If above genuine efforts helps then follow them accordingly. If it does not then they are not in any boundation to undertake sought religious ceremony on account of your marriage. Hindu way of life says any married couple above the average of intended marrying couple can perform the religious ceremony on behalf of living parents. Thus seek guidance from local Hindu seers on Hindu way of life especially marriage ceremonies accordingly. 

Law does not come in picture in instance query at all.

[Last reply]



As rightly observed there is no legal solution to this problem.   You may have to look for the solution yourself by involving known elderly relatives and other accomplices very close to your parents, to pacify, convince them and reconcile the issue between you and them, if at all there is any, and should look for any other positive steps that ease the situation and make the situation conducive.  Try with the help and  efforts of your local friends too.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x