LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harrassed (SE)     17 March 2015

Parents name removed from chargesheet. what does this mean?

Hello Experts,


I and my parents have been framed under false 498A case. After investigation the investigation officer have removed the names of my parents from the chargesheet. Does this mean that they are relieved completely from this case? I have already filed the quash petition in high court for my parents which is pending for listing. My question is that, knowing that the names have been removed from the chargesheet do I still need to continue with the quash petition for my parents or can I withdraw the petition for my parents and file the new one for me.

Thanks for your help.


 6 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     17 March 2015

Sir, Not required to be quashed .... They are not accused anymore ... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     18 March 2015

you can file the petition for withdrawal mentioning the charge sheet of removal and then withdrawn throughcourt order 

harrassed (SE)     18 March 2015

Thanks Kapila and Mahesh..

I have already filed for Divorce. How can I get a copy of Chargesheet so that I can submit this in the family courst showing one more cruelty by filing false cases. I have already submit many cruelty evidences in my divorce case.


Thanks in advance.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 March 2015

If the 498a case has been submitted to court with a charge sheet, you will get a free copy from the copy on served with the summon to appear before the court.

jack (nothing)     20 March 2015

With out charge sheet how do u know u r parents are removed from charge sheet? Once removed from charge sheet, court will intimate to u r wife. She will come and give her hearing. Or she can file rejoining petetion based on merits court will decide.

jack (nothing)     25 August 2015

Mr Harresed, what happen in the quash? Is u r parents quashed? Or wife didn't file protection petetion for rejoin?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query