LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Trevola (ceo)     03 March 2011

Parents Issue with love marriage

Me and my wife are 21 and we are residing in Bangalore. We hail from Assam. It has become a severe matter of concern as parents of both parties are against. If we don't get married, then she will be married off by her parents to someone else. So, even though we are young, we need to get married, atleast register our marriage without our parents consent. We plan to fly abroad after 6 months and pursue our Masters and PHD there.  (Note= We are financially sound and I got a good business and earning more than 2L per month)

If after 1-2 months, somehow our parents come to know that we are married, then they can create a hell lot of problem, like draggind my wife with them.. IS THERE ANY PROTECTION WE CAN GET LEGALLY AFTER MARRIAGE? CAN LAWYERS HELP US OUT?

Learning

3 Replies

OPss... Not yet Married.. We plan to get married this month.

(Guest)

you both are major.so they can't force you to change your decision.But you both are too young now.Decisions made in such tender ages often create problems later on.you can take police protection with the help of police official discussing the matter with them..

...do your parents live in assam?

They live in Assam. We are together for 5 years now... If we dn't decide now, then it will be too late.. And I already got a big business to look after. So, I guess am mature enough to decide that I need to get married.

Can I get a help from a lawyer so that he can produce a court order that the parents of both parties can't interfere ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register