Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Punit Jain   07 June 2023

Packers and movers not giving invoice

It was June'2022 when i was doing my shifting from one city to another. The transporter demanded whole amount in advance however I resisted full amount without getting the service. Hence the packers and movers person confirmed me of billing only after 100% payment.I found it fair and paid 100% after getting my service , which the packers and movers person told me was including GST. He rather gave me offer to reduce the charges if i agree to move material without invoice. I resisted and insisted for invoicing. Now , its 1 year . I am in different city.The packers and movers person tell me he will send me invoice within few hours but every time he gets busy or forget to share invoice or courier me invoice. What can i do such that I can get tax benefits from the expenses i did for packers and movers.


 4 Replies

Shashank Saxena (Lawyer)     07 June 2023

Hi Punit, you can still claim input Tax Credit provided you have the following documentations with you:

1. A valid proof of payment to the supplier (e.g., your bank statemement can suffice if the payment was tenderd through Cheque/online payment etc).

2. Any document, such as a receipt or letter, acknowledging that the supplier has received the payment.

Additionaly, you can also take the following remedial measures:

1. File a complaint with GST commissionerate: The GST Commissionerate can issue a show-cause notice to the supplier and, if necessary, impose a penalty.

2. File a case in the court. The recipient can file a case in the court for the recovery of the amount due, along with interest and damages.

Hope this Helps

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     07 June 2023

Non providing invoice is unfair trade practice and deficiency in services  of packers and movers so you should knock the door of Consumer Commission  and claim invoice  and compensation towards mental and physical agony.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2023

First issue a legal notice to the service provider demanding the invoice with GST details.

If the company don't respond within the period stipulated in the legal notice, you may drag them to consumer forum for relief and remedy.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     08 June 2023

File a complaint before jurisdictional Consumer Commission.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register