1) Under the provisions of section 55 of the Maharashtra Rent Control Act,1999 a leave and licence agreement is required to be registered under the Registration Act,1908,which in turn provides for registration with the Sub-Registrar.
2) Executing the leave and licence agreement before a public notary is not enough to comply with the law.Even notorized agreement is valid, but it is a secondary evidence, not primary. In case of court case, the court will call upon the notory who needs to show his journal/whatever he 'notes' the things to prove the document is legal and done in his presence.
3) Notorised is faster and easier compared to registered. It save ur Time and Money also. But A notarised document is not well protected in the court of law. Hence its better you catch hold of a broker and get your document registered..
3) Both are good if you know tenant well as notarized saves money compared to registered. However, if you need to go to court for any reason, only the registered agreement is held valid.
Better do a registered agreement if you are the landlord.
4) It protects the landlord in case of dispute. If you are the tenant, notarised agreement is more favourable to you, since you can refuse to leave posession and the landlord cant do anything about it for years. So, registered agreement is safer but more expensive.
5) Finally I would say that in any part of our country LAW interpreat the same. However state have prepared their own statute for regulation of activity.
6) In ur Gahizabad State u can do ur document Registered since it save ur Rights and give u ur duties to comply.
for more information