LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Franko (confidential)     16 September 2014

Original divorce documents lost

Hi Members,

It was very unfortunate that I was robbed of my luggage which contained my divorce documents and to make things worse, I don’t have a copy of it also. Now I am in a fix and would like to know what to do to get a copy from the Indian court.

Please do let me know the procedure to apply for a copy and the divorce happened way back in 2009, and I can only remember the month and year of attending the final hearing (it was a Mutual consent)

I would like to know what to do next, I don’t live in India at the moment. 


 5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     17 September 2014

@ Author,

1. Request one of your local relative or a local friend to contact same advocate who facilitated the decree in MCD in the year 2009. I'm sure local Advocates donot leave their Practice Chambers so soon!

2. He will seek Certified Copies of the MCD along with Decree Sheet at certain cost from Certifying Agency which you can meet with your local relatives or via local friend. 

3. If you donot have any relative or friend available currently and donot even remember Advocate name then mention here City and Court name (along with full names of parties - may be shared later via PM with local Junior level Advocate if you want to maintain confidentiality), some Junior level Advocate registered in Lawyers Club India may contact you and after due diligence with him via PM you may proceed further to seek MCD Certified Copies.  


[Last reply] 

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     17 September 2014

You may ask your divorcee wife. She will help you because your divorce has been a mutual consent divorce. Amother apprppriateethod has been suggested above bt tajobsindia. Follow it. Hope for the best !

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     17 September 2014

1. If you have the Mat suit No., then you can get the certified copy of all the documents related to your said divorce suit,

2. Engage a lawyer practicing in the same court if your warlier lawyer is not available to get you the said certified copy.

Franko (confidential)     17 September 2014

Gentlemen, Thank you for you replies,I go with tajobsindia Thank you all

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 September 2014

As suggested by experts above, it is better to engage a lawyer who willbe able to get your job done at the earliest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register