Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

joseph alex (manager)     22 December 2016

Opting for minimum pf 1800

Team,

I have recently joined an IT consulting firm. In the previous company which also an it consulting I were given an option of contributing a minimum amout 1800/pm towards PF. As CTC (which includes employer contribution to PF) is fixed this gives me more monthly take home. But in the new company I am not given that option and I am forced to pay 12% of basic. Is there any law/rule that I can quote to opt for min amount.

Thanks,

Alex.

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 December 2016

facts not clear.

how can you pay just 1800 if the 12% of basic+DA is more.

joseph alex (manager)     23 December 2016

Thanks for the response...  I share the same doubt :)

Previous company my basic was 56000 and I were contributing 1800/pm towards PF. Company was giving this option for all employees. It cann't be a mistake as it is a big consulting firm with over 3 lack employeees globally.

But my current company is strict on 12% of basic. I would like to know if there is any law that allows me to opt for a PF contribution of 1800 ( thousand and eight hundred only) for PF.

Thanks,

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 December 2016

Your company was clear.

Your understanding is  not correct.

You were allowed PF coverage and PF was deducted on ( PF wages) /wage ceiling as in the ACT.

Discuss with designated  HR person handling PF or PRO/APFC in nearest PF office or log on  to EPFO website and read.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2016

The oresent employer is not bound to commit an irregularity which your past employer committed.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 December 2016

Mr. Sudhir Kumar is right.

You are a covered employee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register