Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nullity of marriage : on ground of frauds on impotency

Page no : 2

498A-filed (Advisor)     07 October 2014

Only girls are advised to initiate criminal proceedings against their husbands. And  husbands are advised not to file any cases because it may counter fire and may not yield desired results. Then you will be advised to pay monthly maintenance and also to defend yourself and your family. You will also be advised to continue your job and pay your entire salary for next few years to your wife and to your lawyers. And after few years, you will be advised to go for a one time settlement by selling your property.

I advised to you initiate a criminal case to protect yourself and your family from any future misdeeds from your wife and their advisers.

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     07 October 2014

Hello Adv Chandrasekhar : Thanks for your in-depth & to the point specific answers of my questions. I just want mention that I'm not confused, I'm not in a position to get a good guidance. With your answers I'm having small little doubts as I do not want to leave any loose ends from my/our side.

• In the petition which I received through Court Summon, the maintainence has been stricked off with Ball Pen, I dont know who did that, but It came in a sealed envelope. As this point of time trusting anyone is quite hard, I suspect, can the same be a problem ?
  • Considering the fact, she doesnt want any Alimony, can she/her family later (during the Court proceedings) ask for any compensation, when the allegation they have mentioned are entirely wrond (me being impotent & my mother being rude etc.)
  • She has not mentioned/asked for any medical checkup in the petition, she has simply asked for a nullity of decree to passed. As I mentioned in my first post, " I dont wish to stay with her in any circumstances"; now will it be feasible me saying "marriage didnt consumated" but me being impotent should be proven with any medical test/doctors certificate?
  • Considering if I contest the case, do I need to be physically present in every hearing/my advocate can represent me , as there is a major chances for me to move abroad with new job within 6 months from now.
  • I dont have any assets in my name & everything is in my dad's name and neither I have done any good amount of savings till date, as I started off my career in very less salary and presently I also contribute to my dad in family expenses. Now if the court asks to pay any compensation, can I get rid of this financial obligation through the facts I mentioned above to the court.
  • The harrasment & mental torture & insult & humialations which my parents & my siblings have gone through, which happened during this entire tenure, can they do anything about the same with the help of court & law?.

Thanks in advance.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 October 2014

In the petition which I received through Court Summon, the maintainence has been stricked off with Ball Pen, I dont know who did that, but It came in a sealed envelope. As this point of time trusting anyone is quite hard, I suspect, can the same be a problem ?

Generally, in annulment cases unlike divorce cases, once decree is granted, no maintenance, alimony is granted.  But during the pendency of the case, if the wife asks under Section 24, generally maintenance is granted keeping in view of the incomes of the parties. She might have second thoughts that she should not ask for maintenance and hence might have cut-off that particular portion with pen.  You can check up this thing by inspecting original court file and there also, if those lines are struck off, then she might be not asking for interim maintenance.  But she has got a legal right that during the pendency of the case, she may ask for interim maintenance by moving application under Section 24 of the Act.  But this will be limited only till disposal of the case and after annulment, it stops as well as permanent alimony also she cannot claim as being annulment case.  But, as she cut off this particular para, I do not think that she will ask for the same, unless she is provoked.

Considering the fact, she doesnt want any Alimony, can she/her family later (during the Court proceedings) ask for any compensation, when the allegation they have mentioned are entirely wrond (me being impotent & my mother being rude etc.)

Compensation generally won't ask,  as there is no such provision in Hindu Marriage Act.  But such provision is there in Domestic Violence Act.  As she has not resorted to Domestic Violence Act and S. 498-A or Dowry Prohibition Act, for me it appears she wants to snap this relationship without any monetary claims and wants to move on in life.  If you are also on the same page, take the opportunity.  Generally in such cases, where wife's side spend huge amounts for addled marriage, they try to recover as much money as possible, because they have to spend again for the remarriage. As she has not asked any money, you can guess as much as I that what they actually want. 

She has not mentioned/asked for any medical checkup in the petition, she has simply asked for a nullity of decree to passed. As I mentioned in my first post, " I dont wish to stay with her in any circumstances"; now will it be feasible me saying "marriage didnt consumated" but me being impotent should be proven with any medical test/doctors certificate?

After completion of pleadings, once evidence starts she can move an application seeking medical check up to you to prove her case.  If you accept such allegation, then it will stick up to you that you are impotent.  If such allegation is only on the paper and if it will not hamper your prospects of remarriage (YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE), then you can refuse for medical check up with a statement that marriage has not been consummated (if really it has not been consummated) and the court will infer adversely for your refusal and grant the annulment.  If you undergo medical test and succeed, then her petition will be dismmissed and you will be stuck with her, which you do not want.  But before adopting this tactic of refusal for medical examination, you think coolly, because, it will be recorded in the judgment. 

Considering if I contest the case, do I need to be physically present in every hearing/my advocate can represent me , as there is a major chances for me to move abroad with new job within 6 months from now.

Engage a good advocate and your presence is required twice or thrice in the entire case.  First in conciliation and next at the time of your medical examination (if you desire) or at the time of your evidence.

I dont have any assets in my name & everything is in my dad's name and neither I have done any good amount of savings till date, as I started off my career in very less salary and presently I also contribute to my dad in family expenses. Now if the court asks to pay any compensation, can I get rid of this financial obligation through the facts I mentioned above to the court.

In the annulment cases,  generally compensation will not be granted as there is no such legal provision.  If they demand out of way to meet the marriage expenses, that is upto you to accept or to reject.  The court will not grant permanent alimony in annulment cases.

(LAST REPLY.)

1 Like

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     07 October 2014

Thank you once again Adv. Chandasekhar for your replies for my questions. It really have given me a peace of mind and a strong and substantial ground to stand upon.

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     08 October 2014

One more thing I wish to know in this regard, what if I deny about my impotency and also deny about the medical checkup and just say that marriage didn't consummate due to distance in way of thinking or difference in way of thinking etc. Would still the court pass the decree of nullity under impotency? Or court can pass the decree based upon just non consummate of marriage? Kindly let me know ur views. Also would like to know do I need to submit any reply upon court's summon which I received?

498A-filed (Advisor)     09 October 2014

Read the law for annulment of marriage. Read 50-100 high courts/ supreme court judgement on the same. You will get a clear picture about the grounds on which annulment is possible. And I think this is one of the grounds.

why would you accept that your are impotent? And why would you accept a medical examination? You just need to deny the false allegations and let her prove that you are impotent.

Understand the topic yourself and contest the case with the help of a competent lawyer.

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     09 October 2014

See, proven my potency, the allegation gets cancelled right? So does the nullity case, in that case I'm stuck with her which I dont want anymore. I can not live with her.

Now Here, my point is if the count can grant decree of nullity on the basis of "only marriage didnt consummate" and not getting into the point of Impotency/potency. Is that possible?

Moreover, say if, I get into medical checkup and it proves that I'm perfectly potent & her allegation/case gets snapped, post that do I get another opportunity to file nullity against my wife, on the grounds of Marriage didnt consummate due to bride & groom were not together post marriage or any other reason apart from Impotency/potency (pls note : I'm completing 1 year of Marriage in 18-Nov-2014 & I have to appear before family court on 28-Nov-2014 for the case filed by my wife).

honeey (ma)     09 October 2014

overall it appears frm ur post tht u r in driving seat.
nw a dys lady with false allegations r on driving seat.

feel he is my 498-a SIL.

I really dont know much of Indian Legal system and how even I works in case of nullity or divorce and believe me I never wished to know all these also. I wanted to live a happy life with my wife and even was very happy, but all of sudden I got "THIS LEGAL SLAP" from my wife's family. Its quite hard to digest and live with right now. cuz things, the way it progressed towards devastation of the sweet & sour relationship between me and my wife. The insane humiliation & insult we have gone through and post observing the attitude of my in-laws towards this (just negative in all means) relationship, I'm not even 1% hopeful that further the relationship will work and we live smoothly. I got the best gift of Dussera this year, "A SUMMON FROM COURT FROM MY WIFE TO GET THE MARRIAGE ANNULED" Probably on my 1st marriage anniversary date I shall be preparing myself to appear in front of court. What else one'd expect from life..? Its just an irony of life and a nice phase of learning which I'm going through right now. Its been 45 days, my wife havent spoken with me, in between, in this tension, I met with an accident on road in place where I dont even know people, somehow I managed to survive myself through some truck drivers. thanks to him and thanks to God.

See the point is, I'm not blaming anyone, things happened to me, thats my karma, agreed. I'm ok to get myself seperated from my wife (if thats the only wish of my in-laws & my wife) but not with the blame of IMPOTENCY (cuz thats i'm not) and why should I pay a penny as maintainence ? what is the addition she had given to my life that she should be paid from my hard earned money? Literally, she bluffed me saying things will be fine and she will come back to me & just after 2 days announcing me impotent from her imagination, did she ever bother to check with a doctor before filing the case?? the answer is no.

I dont know whos in driving seat? I dont wanna know either.

till nw m under impression tht to read and to mk a story is two diff. bt frm ur recent posting proves tht u r gud creator of fake stoy also.
may gd give u and ur fmly sum politeness.

Honey : If you feel, "I'm a good creator of a fake story"; then I don't have anything else to say buddy, & I dont blame you either, cuz its not you who have and is going through all these & I sincerely pray to God, that you or your near & dear ones shouldnt also. Here in this forum I'm here for just getting myself and my situation clarified with lots of eligible & experienced lawyer friends & even some experience clients also who have dealt with such situation or been through.

There is saying : If you dont want to contribute, then dont, but dont project a false impression : cuz as I said, you dont know what I have been through & is going through : Anyways thanks!

true. ur story is true if u post it under ur real identy. thn m afraid story may not b same.
ur presentation of story is as my bro.

I'm speechless.!

Can someone help me on my earlier post pls, I need some serious legal advice, quoting my query once again below, pls help me out.

"See, proven my potency, the allegation gets cancelled right? So does the nullity case, in that case I'm stuck with her which I dont want anymore. I can not live with her

Now Here, my point is if the count can grant decree of nullity on the basis of "only marriage didnt consummate" and not getting into the point of Impotency/potency. Is that possible?

Moreover, say if, I get into medical checkup and it proves that I'm perfectly potent & her allegation/case gets snapped, post that do I get another opportunity to file nullity against my wife, on the grounds of Marriage didnt consummate due to bride & groom were not together post marriage or any other reason apart from Impotency/potency (pls note : I'm completing 1 year of Marriage in 18-Nov-2014 & I have to appear before family court on 28-Nov-2014 for the case filed by my wife)"

Requesting everyone to help me out in the above mentioned query pls.

1] "I'm not an impotent and there is no Doctors documents available on her side"

why it shld b existed if u r not.

2] "she never accompanied  me to any doctors till date."

SIL never accompany my brother to Doc. fr rson best knwn to her.

3] " her family members (Brother & Uncle) are lawyers and will defintely be present at the time of the proceedings."

bro and uncle of SIL r lawyer as well practical.

4] "let me know what all charges I can put her/her family on."

same i like to ask u. hw mny false allegation u r going to put.

5]  if we don't guve a compensation of 15lakhs,

same amnt.

6] we have sent requesting her to come back. Her brother yelled and howled at my dad and asked him to withdraw the letter which on nervousness my dad did and asked an apology.

same thing has been happened with my father.

7] i stay other state than my native for work and travelling everytime is quite hard and sometimes impossible due to availability of leave is private sector as u know.

u take benefit of it.

8]  neither I'm interested to give her any compensation,

u chnge ur mind and ask more.

9]  the maintainence has been stricked off with Ball Pen,
 she doesnt want any Alimony. [hw do u come to knw unless and until u file a petition.]

10]  now will it be feasible me saying "marriage didnt consumated" but me being impotent should be proven with any medical test/doctors certificate?

my SIL forcibly pressure on my brother to acept in lieau of ....

11]  The harrasment & mental torture & insult & humialations which my parents & my siblings have gone through, which happened during this entire tenure, can they do anything about the same with the help of court & law?

same thing has been happening to us.

12]The harrasment & mental torture & insult & humialations which my parents & my siblings have gone through, which happened during this entire tenure, can they do anything about the same with the help of court & law?

word of my bro.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register