LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaustav   11 April 2016

Nri second marriage of mother

My mother married a canadian citizen of indian man under the Hindu Marriage Act and registred at Tis Hazari, in 2010. They had met on Shaadi.com He was 52 and she was 43. He promised her the world and said he could not live without her and brought her gifts and jewelry and made her feel very secure. He also tied her to him further by paying for my higher school and college education as my biological father could not support both my brother and myself. She was very happy during the time she waited for her visa in India. We were also very happy for her as she had had already an abusive first marriage,

Today, after immigrating to Canada she is a Canadian PR. The background is that when she finally went from India in 2014 Nov to Canada, my step father took her after about 1 month,  to the US under TD visa as he was a TN visa holder and had got a contract in the US. She got a 3 year visa and was there for 14 months. Meanwhile my step father who is a father of 5 daughters from his previous marriage has his entire previous family along with his ex wife,settled in the US. 

When in the US my mother came to know that contrary to the impression he had given her of being cut off from them all, he was very much in touch and behaved like part of the household of that house they live in., This house/s rent and all other expenses are paid by my step father.Along with two dependent drug addict daughters and one teenage grandson (whos schooling and upkeep is also paid for by my step father)

As he had not had a legal settlement with his exwife (she is Caucasian Canadian married and divorced from Chandigarh) the money given to that household has no fixed amount, In India my stepfather used to point this out regularly and ask my mother to help him get rid of all these burdens once she immigrated to that country. However, when my mother tried to intervene and curtail some of the excess expenses in that house, he showed disrespect to her and behaved as if she is a bad person-in front of all his daughters and ex wife. Suddenly my mother found herself isolated and disregarded by all and my step father, unlike the image he had shown us in India, abused and insulted her at the slightest excuse and told her that she had to accept this kind of arrangement of "go back to India"

As if this behaviour was not enough he has made my mothers life hell by taunting her and openly flirting and having affairs by flying outside the US and going to exotic spots with women and then coming back and tormenting my mother by messaging the lady in her presence. When she protested he was abusive and mocking and said he "could not stop this now"

He went on his first trip outside the US, leaving my mother alone after telling her on her face that he was "taking Viagara to that country because he needed it" and that was what he wanted and that my mother had no hold over his decision to have a good time' When she said could he say the same thing in front of her brothers. he said to f--- them, when she said coudl he say the same to Indian lawyers he said f--them all, I dont care, i am going"

He left my mother, last February in this state while she was crying continously alone and devastated, waiting for him to return from his shameless s*xual escapade. 

Today. the 10th of April. he has flown again to that country and has told my mother that he is going there not bothering about the intense agonly he is putting her into again; He keeps telling her to "get lost" and to go back to india all the time.

How can this man be taught a lesson? It is intolerable and telling on my mothers physical and mental health. She is being systematically tortured mentally.I need help for my mother.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register