LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASAP (NA)     11 November 2013

Nri divorce - please help


I urgently need advice on the following case for my friend....Please help:

- concerned person lives in US. He seperated with his wife of 10 years as she had an affair outside marriage.

- Wife has shifted back to Mumbai. Custondy of the seven year old is decided to be with my friend in US.  They both want a divorce.

- In US they have had numerous councelling sessions.

- So that she does not set un reasonable demands, he filed a case of extramarital affair against her. Post that they have negotiated and come to a reasonable alimony figure - which is agreeable to both of them.


- The mutual consent case may need to be filed in Mumbai. Is that correct? that was the place of last residence in India.

-  CAn the first motion happen without his physical presence? Through power of attorney? or any other way?

-  Will they still need councelling as they have already got proof of councelling sessions in US?

- Ideal/typical lawyer fee in Mumbai for fpreparing the papers, filing the case and getting the thing done.

- Any refernces of lawyers?




 2 Replies

advbharathase@yahoo.co.in (advbharathase@yahoo.co.in)     11 November 2013

Firstly, let me know, whether the marriage is registered/ unregistered,  under what Act /  which Religion and Country. Basic requirement to anwer. 

ASAP (NA)     11 November 2013

Thanks for your reply,


The marriage is registered under the Hindu Marriage act



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register