LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (adfadf)     06 August 2011

Notice period has to be served

is it mandatory to serve the notice period? in my organization notice period is of 3 months, but i need to join my new organization in 1 and half month.

i am ready to pay the notice period. Please let me know as per the indian labour law am i forced to serve the notice period.

i had a long discussion with my boss and he is just not ready to listen to me, he just want to penalize me for putting down my papers in my current organization.

request urgent suggestion.

thanks a ton

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 August 2011

You may study termination clause in your appointment letter. The notice period and notice pay option @ basic/gross pay should have been mentioned. It shall be appropriate to inform say 7 days in advance that you should be resigning on date.................and within  this period you shall cooperate to finish all tasks, knowledge transfer, training of replacement etc. Deposit the company property under proper acknowledgment.

You can tender notice pay for the balance period of your notice by cheque or you can ask the company to adjust in your F&F. In the same written communication(under acknowledgment) you can demand to issue acknowledgment of your resignation, acceptance of your resignation, and to keep settlement of your a/c,F&F, form 16,PF accumulation reports, PF withdrawal/transfer forms, service certificate, relieving certificate, NOC/NDC etc

Your boss is doing so since he has not been able to find the replacement. As an able leader he and company including HR should look beyond their problems and find solution and give the departing employee a smooth exit. You should remain cool, gentle, amiable, and use your persistence, persuasion, reasoning, negotiation skills and leave with a happy note.

MsPriyanka (tta)     21 August 2011

Dear All,

Please help me and guide me should i follow legal notice to my organization ? please read my condition:

I have resaign with 2 week notice from my role due to the major family valid issue, i have also submiited documented proof for same. Till now resignation is not accepted by my supervisor. He is saying that they have change the policy and asking everyone to server 3 month notice. 

As per my appoitment letter it is mentioned that any partities can terminate the employment with 3 momth notice or 3 month salary in short notice. I have agreed to pay the balance amount.

I have one week left for my relieving and process is not started.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register