Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

king.shawn (Owner)     02 June 2014

Notice or letter to landlord

Hello LCI Members,

I am staying in an Apartment in Bengaluru from past 4 months. My owner and I have an agreement for 11 months where it is mentioned that notice of 2 months has to be given in order to terminate the agreement. I paid a security deposit of Rs. 1 Lac and rent is paid as per agreement till date. I would shift to my own apartment in E-City within next 1 or 2 months. I would definitely inform my owner verbally but also want to keep a record in writing about vacating the rented apartment.

My questions are -

1. Can I write a Letter /notice and send a Register /AD to his address saying that I would like to vacate his flat within two months.

2. Should I ask him to deduct two months Rent & Maintenance from the Security Deposit or should I pay them as I kept paying all these while?

3. How can I make sure that he has received and agreed to the two months notice period of vacating his house? 

Kindly let me know what would be the ideal format of the Mail and also how would I inform him about returning my security deposit. I need my deposit on the day I leave his house without any delay.

Also let me know if you have any more inputs.

Regards,

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 June 2014

You can send as formal notice for the vacation of flat. mention that deduction of two months rent etc. ask him to pay balance in a stipulated time mentioned in the notice. You can send it through registered post or speed post and confirm it through online postal department That is all.

1 Like

king.shawn (Owner)     02 June 2014

Thank you! 

Can you provide me a standard format for the notice? Is it within law that he can deduct the two months rent from security deposit?

king.shawn (Owner)     05 June 2014

This is one of the best forum I have discovered recently. But, I have also seen few of the posts in the forum which remain unanswered and thread remains open.

I am not sure but getting answers to the query and discussion on a particular topic is what this forum is all about.

Please keep these sort of discussions to happen which helps others. Like in my case, I am yet to get a second response from LCI members. As this is a free service and is helping others, I cannot not demand for something but let the discussion thread be in continuation which helps others.

Thanks

king.shawn (Owner)     09 June 2014

How to tackle a situation when Owner says he will pay the security during the time of leaving his premises after properly giving Notice ? 

Can I deny the Apartment keys to My Landlord and tell him to that I would return the keys once I receive my deposit money ? I want to is it Legal ?

What is the Legal way to sort this out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register