LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Notice from airtel to pay supposedly unpaid bill

Now what happened is..  I had taken one post paid Airtel connection for 3 months and then got it disconnected after lot of hue and cry..


They told pay one month bill in advance and we disconnect it.  After nearly 5 months the connection got disconnected, but... they send one letter telling Rs 1000 still due from my side.


I had all bills, and now me went to Airtel office and showed all bills, those ppl tell sorry, its our mistake.. nothing to worry.  You will get a letter stating nothing is due from your end to us.


Now today court notice came to attebd Lok adalat to settle matter in court.  The notice has come from Bangalore and right now I am bed ridden due to fever at my native place.  Attending is next to impossible.


Now my question is, when I have paid all the bills and those Airtel people agreed to it too, why this court notice?


Tell me what to do now? shall I contact Airtel office again or go Lokadalat court?   Or shall I approach Consumer court as I am not at fault.

Kindly suggest if I can sue them and claim compensation too?  Any legalities if I do not respond at all? 



Advice needed.


 3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 November 2013

Is it Special Lok Adalat Or Permanent Lok Adalat?

Show the notice to your lawyer and your lawyer would know what to do………….

In Lok Adalat also the facts that are on your side are to be pressed.



Get into the habit of submitting everything in writing under acknowledgment to company’s local office and record all imp. transactions even if it is meeting or a phone call.

1 Like


Prelitigation Lokadalath sitting.

Problem is about roaming around.  That is one huge headache.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 November 2013

Show this notice to local lawyer.

Your lawyer may opine that it is not from permanent lok adalat  but from special lok adalat and that it is not really mandatory to attend and award may not be binding.

If so you may issue your own notice later charging the employees those who stated that there are no dues at your end.

This may put the matter on shut up mode.

Or you may pull the company to DCDRF.

You can also approach permanent lok adalat.


Proceed further after your lawyer has seen al docs and has advised you in person.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query