LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Acharya   28 March 2023

Non occupancy charges

Dear all,

my father expired on July 17 2023, i am residing the flat since 20 yrs , my society as sent me the society maintenance  bill and also non occupancy chargers in it. my question is how can they charge me non occupation ? I AM STAYING IN THIS FLAT SINCE 20 YRS.

Please guide in , i am from mumbai



 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2023

It is the property of your father which you may not have transferred to your name,  hence you can be treated as tenant so the non occupation charges have been levied on you. 

You may take steps to transfer the property to your name legally so that you don't have to pay any charges or legal complications later. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register