LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit   09 May 2018

Non-coparcener member share in income from huf property

Dear Sir/Madam, My Father is karta of his HUF (say “FatherHUF”) and I have one married sister. Therefore coparcener-members  are (i) Father (karta) (ii) Sister (ii) Son myself and a non-coparcener member(iv) Mother.  I am karta of my HUF (say “SonHUF”) with coparcener-members  as (i)Son (karta) (ii) daughter and non-coparcener-member as (iii) wife. “FatherHUF” has ancestral agricultural land with income as say 1,20,000/- per  year. “SonHUF” has just share in property (and income) of “FatherHUF”.  Son and wife undergoing divorce case and wife filed CRPC125 on behalf of daughter. My questions are:

1. Can Father (Karta of FatherHUF) distribute all yearly income of  1,20,000/- among HUF. Do wife and mother (non-coparcener members) has any share in the yearly income of HUF or it will be distributed among coparcener-members  only.
  2. Can wife (herself or on behalf of daughter) file case (crpc125 or anyother) to bound father (Karta of FatherHUF)  for above mentioned  distribution of yearly income. Can Karta deny the distribution of yearly income using his authority?
  3. Can wife (herself or on behalf of daughter) file case for partition of “FatherHUF” and thereafter “SonHUF” to get her or/and daughter share in ancestral agricultural land of “FatherHUF”. Can  Father (Karta) show his reluctance for the partition to court , with plea that he has plans  for more children therefore exact numbers of coparcener-members are not fixed till he is alive.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 May 2018

AHindu Undivided Family (HUF) means a body consisting of persons linearly descendant from a common ancestor. This includes their wives and unmarried daughters, who are staying together jointly. 

A HUF can consist of a very large number of members including female members as well as distant blood relatives in the male line. However, out of this, coparceners are only those males who are within 4 degrees in lineal descendent from the common male ancestor . The daughters cease to be a member  .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register