Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Common Man (Occupation)     26 February 2021

Nominee change

Respected Lawyers,

A person during her lifetime put her grandchild as a nominee for her SB Account and a few FDs. Knowing this, her children cancelled all her FDs and put it in her SB Account. Later, they changed the nominee name into theirs and after the death of the person, they took away her money from her account. During this process, as per medical reports the old lady was not in her senses and was suffering from dementia. They took her thumb impressions with two witnesses and siphoned off her amount during and after her lifetime. This came to light after 4 years of her death. Grandchild is not interested in the money but wants justice for the injustice done to her grandmother. Your valuable and intellectual suggestions would help her.

Thanks in advance.


 1 Replies

Shashi Dhara   26 February 2021

Nominee cannot claim right over it ,so her children's are real successors,even  nominee takes money he has to distribute it to her children's,if she has gifted or willed with deed to him then he wud have taken it or challenged in civil or criminal court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query