LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshit (service)     23 March 2015

Noc format (siblings)

My Flat is in my grandfathers name and he passed away in 2004. Before he died he had nominated the flat to my Father(50%) and mother(50%). So now we wanted my parents name to be transferred to the share certificate and also do the changes in the society register. Society is asking NOC from my Grandmother and my Uncle (fathers brother). They are ready to give the NOC.

1) I want the format for the NOC.
2) Should the NOC be on a stamp paper, if yes what value stamp paper.
3) Should i get it notarized.
4) we dont plan to sell the house, So should we do the registration/ stamp duty again on my parents name.



 4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 March 2015

Either you can visit that Public Authority with whom NOC has to be filed and request them to for format and copy of laid down norms/rules laid down for such NOC.

IF you can not visit file RTI Application seeking such format, and copy of circular/laid down norms for accepting NOC, disclosing essential requirements.

First, get the property mutated in corporation records.

1 Like

Harshit (service)     24 March 2015

Thank you Mr Prasad,

Jus a Little follow up question on this.

1) You mentioned "First, get the property mutated in corporation records."

Would you please elobrate on this.


2) we dont plan to sell the house, So should we do the registration/stamp duty again on my parents name?


Harsh*t Patel

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 March 2015

Mutation is a legal formality.  In some corporations, they charge amount of penalty for mutation if there is delay.

Mutation is one of the essentials for establishing ownership.  (Change in the name of ownership and receiving tax demand notices in your name)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2015

The society will be having a format with them for the requisite NOC formality.  Even otherwise, you may just approach a Notary in your locality who will be able to prepare NOC on the requisite stamp papers as per state rules and submit it to the society.  However after transfer of shares, you may also get the property registered on your parents name on the basis of the share certificate with the jurisdictional registration office. After completing the said formalities, along with a copy of the registered title document, you can apply for mutating the revenue and other records with the local tahsiladar's office as well as with the Municipal authorities including electricity department etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register