LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bangalore2017   09 August 2017

Need your help

Sir, Actually my mother has brought a vacant land in Bangalore in 1995. All  most 22 years land. Now  we are trying to sell the land for Rs. 30,00,000/- to one of the party. My mother age is approx 55 - 60 years. The party is transferring the funds through RTGS to bank directly. Please inform whether we need to pay income tax for LTCG. Also if mother divides the property amount in 3 shares ie., (Parents, son & daughter) even we need to pay tax. please confirm immediately

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Yes, you will need to pay LTCG after indexation. Please consult a Chartered Accountant who will help you with that. Irrespective of the property being divided among individuals, each individual is liable to pay LTCG as per his/her tax bracket.

CHENCHAYYA D   13 August 2017

sir, old aged couple above 65 years of age, and illetrates purchased house site of 169.4 sq.yards from a retired co.op bank official. He sold the site for Rs.3.00 lakhs and he executed un_registered document on Rs.100/_ non_judicial stamp paper . Due to their illetacy, the old couple felt that the document is legally vaild. Then the seller handed over the house site to them. Then he encouraged his grand daughter and her husband to lodge a complaint in SHO that the couple encroched the site which is already given by her Grand mother long back. Police called on the old couple and threatened to leave the site to them. later they have beaten by the seller family and snached away the gold chain from the neck of old lady where she tagged Managalsutras. The couple sent petitions to SHO, CI, DSP & SP, by Regd.posts with ack. due, but no action is taken by police. Now they want file private complaint in the court. pl.let me know, the process and relevant sections of law . D.Chenchayya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register