LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pat brandt   19 September 2023

Need help..... ancestral property dispute

When my grandfather died, he & my grandma made a will giving 50% to my uncle and 50% to my mom. In 2003, my uncle cheated my mother and registered the property as a settlement deed from my grandmother without cancelling the will. My uncle has no family. His wife died without a child in 2012. My uncle underwent a major operation in Jan2022 & stayed in bed for 6 months before passing away in Apr2022. 15 lawyers & police came to his last ritual & said he had written a will & given everything else to his wife's brother. I approached a lawyer for this property dispute case and the advocate (charged 25,000) sent a legal notice to the other party and the other party replied to that notice. After that, my lawyer said we would file a court action and collected nearly 1.2 lakhs as court fees, however he has yet to file the case in court. It has been almost one year now, and he is again asking for 50000 as additional court fees. He mentions that the amount will be come back along with the decree as cost. I am losing hope that this case is heading in the right direction. It would be helpful if someone could assist me.


 3 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     20 September 2023

Dear Querist

In a civil suit, Court fees is required to be deposited by way of judicial stamp papers by the plaintiff. The amount of court fees differs on State to State basis and nature of suit.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Mohit Chahal
WhatsApp No. 9968911099



Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     20 September 2023

it is not court fees but your lawyer's fees, recheck through some other local lawyer.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 September 2023

That man is cheating you and he is not going to file anything, may be he is double crossing you.If you have a copy of original will then just simply ile for probation . Change the advocate and ask back your money , if he refuse  file complaint againt him for ceating 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register