Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir (Sr Producer)     18 February 2013

Need expert advice

Hi all,

This side another harassed husband with his problems. My marriage is about 14 month old. Between these 14 months we spent only figure counting days with each other. Though I’m working for a leading media house in Delhi and she (wife) is working for nationalized bank as asst. mgr in bhubabneswar.  It’s love marriage against her family and also a inter cast marriage. At the time of marriage her family didn’t support and my mother took the initiative and we finally got married.

Now the problem is about her attitude which imminently changed after 2 month of our marriage. Her family tries to divert her mind.  She started staying there for weeks and ignoring my mother. She comes home only when I’m in Bhubaneswar (in every 3-4 month I used to go home). I requested her to take transfer to delhi she refused and said u come to Orissa, though she has a Govt. Job, she can’t leave it. In between these 6 months she left my home 3-4 times. Now the problem is that she is threatening me to go to MAHILA commission and suicide and all sorts of rubbish things.

Here she is forcing me to leave my job and I can’t leave it caz  I did 1 of my sisters marriage before 4 month back and made my house which was one of her conditions before marriage. Now I’m in a big loan burden, she is not cooperating both in family expansion (making child) and financial matter. (She is now 34 yrs).

So, please suggest what I exactly have to do with this relationship. I asked her to go for mutual diverse but she is denying and threatening me for a big compensation and if not then she will lodge a FIR of dowry torture against my mother and sister. For your information I didn’t have anything received from their family and even bed and pillow I purchased. I have already requested her parents but they are saying its ur problem u solve and in the other hand they are letting her daughter to stay in their home.

Please help meand any lawyer can u suggest for cosultation.

Learning

4 Replies

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     18 February 2013

Sudhir,

Tricky situation man! Hope you are new to Indian matrimonial laws, and sorry to see another story.

Three stratergy as outline;

1) Prevention

2) Powering self

Prevention:

a)Transfer any property in your name smartly to your mom

b) Request your mother to disown you and you file NCR to police about your wife threaten and her willful denial for child and s*x and preserve copy ( This is first step, take trusty lawyer your side)

c) Record all threatening conversation recorded and preserved in original forms and stay calm and decency in your words

d) Involve elders or mediators to settle issues amicably

Powering self: 

1)Do not yield to threaten of extorting nature or false complaints, if she says , ask her to go ahead and file cases.

2) Read 498a safeguard and equip yourself to fight 498a

3) Stratergise your self reading laws regarding matrimonial laws

PM me if you need help

1 Like

Sudhir (Sr Producer)     18 February 2013

thanks boss, thanks a lot. but one more think that I want to convey: Her elder sister has also left her husband and stays in her family since last 10 yrs. That poor guy has came several time to his in laws but neither they are giving divorce nor returning his wife and son. Wife is working as a teacher in nearby school also the same threaten she is giving to him. and property tranfer it's crore rupees prorerty and for transfer it takes atleast 1-2 lakhs. Plz hepl me boss

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     18 February 2013

See PM,

shriks........... (healyhcare)     18 February 2013

chillax man......,
14mnths passed , no ones makin a move so why worrying????
take an alternate residence if i hope you can afford,having a toilet and bathroom in your name, if ready to face the drama then file rcr in nearest family court n enjoy...
else go to police station and submit a complain of future threats and cases against u mentioning the address of rental accomodation everywhere .....
gift all your belongings and properties to mom and sit quiet, let them come to know ur move so at least then they can react either ways instigating further proceedings......
till then chillax....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register