LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sonal (others)     04 December 2013

Need divorce help

Hello.I married in 2010. after 2 years our marriage is not working. we had daily disputes and fights. in-laws does not respect me, torture me and treat me badly. my husband also does not take stand for me. He also abuse me daily and  treat me badly. we had reconcile many times but his behaviour is still the same I need a advice on filing mutual consent divorce. he is living in  muradabad  and m living at my father place karnal. please guide me?

1) can i file divorce from my hometown court?

2) does it will weaken my case?

3) please guide me regarding filing mutual consent divorce case?.

4) how much time it will take?

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     04 December 2013

1. Yes you can file the divorce case in your Home Town court . 2.no It will not weaken your case . 3. in mutual concent divorce you both husband and wife have to make your terms and condition on which you both are agree (also called MOU) and filed in the family court jointly .pl. be careful while making mou , ask alimony for you as you wish , engage a good lawyer for you . 4. it will take minimum 6 months to maximum 18 months time .

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     04 December 2013

1) can i file divorce from my hometown court?

yes

2) does it will weaken my case?

No

3) please guide me regarding filing mutual consent divorce case?.

you have approach court for mutual consent divorce case u/s. 13 of Hindu Marriage Act

4) how much time it will take?

It may take 1 year

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2013

First of all you have to consult your husband that will he be able to come over to your place for filing divorce under mutual consent then only you can think about the other details. In a normal course, the MCD should be granted in a period of six months but it can be extended upto 18 months too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register