Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Varma   31 May 2018

Need divorce certificate - please help

Hello forum members

This is Rakesh, currently living outside India.  I have got divorce in the HC, Hyderabad in the year 2011.  Stayed alone since then.  Now I am changing jobs, my new employer is asking me to produce " certified copy of marriage or divroce certificate".  What all I have is a - "Certified Judegment copy" with me, I believe it is about 2 or 3 pages document with court seals etc.  Have not seen it, as it is in my dad's home in a village in India.  Never needed this though.

Now, I need the answers for the following

1. what is "divorce certificate"?  is it same as judgement copy?

2.  Is there any separate "divorce certificate" that is issued by the court at our specific request?  how long that takes (if I need to do that) like - how many days in Hyderabad HC?  

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated.

Regards

Rakesh

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     31 May 2018

In India its the divorce decree of court that you get not the divorce certificate. You get free of cost the same from the same court that issued it and even apply for certified copy of the same from the court. The decree of divorce is to be taken/given along with the main judgment/order of divorce and why you were not given by your local lawyer is his fault, it so happens when you engage inexperienced local lawyers for cheaper rates they do half job and make clients suffer.

Rakesh Varma   02 June 2018

Thanks a lot Mahajan ji.  Yes I do agree on 'half-job'.  I think Local lawyer (no more in this world) in Hyderabad did what was possible from his side.  What all I remember is - I have signed the papers and left to Delhi on personal work.  A week later I returned to Hyderabad on the day of the court proceedings; about 30 minutes inside the chambers - got our divorce.   Then I left India,  But about a month later he sent a 3 page document with court seals to my dad.  I never used it so far, but now I need this.  

I think your line "The decree of divorce is to be taken/given along with the main judgment/order of divorce" is the key answer here. 

Thanks again sir - much appreciated

Rakesh

Adv Alina Gupta (Lawyer)     03 June 2018

Originally posted by : Rakesh Varma
Hello forum members

This is Rakesh, currently living outside India.  I have got divorce in the HC, Hyderabad in the year 2011.  Stayed alone since then.  Now I am changing jobs, my new employer is asking me to produce " certified copy of marriage or divroce certificate".  What all I have is a - "Certified Judegment copy" with me, I believe it is about 2 or 3 pages document with court seals etc.  Have not seen it, as it is in my dad's home in a village in India.  Never needed this though.

Now, I need the answers for the following

1. what is "divorce certificate"?  is it same as judgement copy?

2.  Is there any separate "divorce certificate" that is issued by the court at our specific request?  how long that takes (if I need to do that) like - how many days in Hyderabad HC?  

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated.

Regards

Rakesh

There is no Divorce Certificate, its the judgement copy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register