Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

josh777_123 (n/a)     08 December 2019

Need clarification on rental agreement n police verification

Dear Forum members,

I have rented a flat at Titwala ( comes under thane rural juridiction). My flat owner is not sure whether the rental agreement to be registered or notarized( notary) , which one is accepted by police for tenant police verification ? will notarized (notary) rental agreement will do ? or it has to be registered ??

Second , who should file the police verification tenant form with police ? is it owner or the tenant ?

Please clarify the above queries especially the first one related to rental agreement ( notarized or registered ??)


 4 Replies


Mr. Josh,

Rental agreement should  be registered if in case registration is not possible t can be done notartized. Secondly, it is a duty of owner to apply in prescribed form for the police verification. In case of difficulties being rural area, he can submit informations of the tenant to the police as safeguarde.




josh777_123 (n/a)     08 December 2019

Thank you sir for  your prompt response

Shashi Dhara   08 December 2019

It is purely civil police verification is done if you are suspecion person or disguised is better of rental agreement shud be registered.

josh777_123 (n/a)     08 December 2019

Thanks for your reply/suggestion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query