Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anonymousboy (SME)     17 April 2012

Need advise for my after love marriage problems

Hi,

I got Married to a general category girl last month. I am from OBC category.

We both were in relationship from last 4 years and decided to marry as her father who is a politicain would not have aggred for our marriage.

She was very happy after marriage but when she went back to her house all things changed. Her dad came to know of our marriage and he changed my wife's mind by telling lies about me. He changed her mind so much that she did not even get in touch with me from last 15 days. One of my friend had visited her house and met her and the way my wife talked with her showed that she had big misunderstanding about me . She has changed in fear of her Dad. I have not spoke with her so cant even know what exactly happened.

What should i do? should i file case against her dad that he has kept my wife forcefuly with them? but i dont want to spoil her dads image in society so not taken any step yet.

I know she is under fear and hence not taking worng decisions. Now her dad has send her somewhere .

How should i get this solved? My Family is with me.

Few question:-

Can they challenge our marriage? i have got married at Alandi(Pune) and have the certificate of marriage from my village tehsil..Its govt certificate and other proofs like photos , videos etc.  She is 22years old and i am 27. IF the girl says she married forcefully then what should i do?I have valid proofs that she did not marry forcefully. I dont want court matters and want matter to solve by mutual consent but still want to know what i can do if nothing happens.

what are the type of cases i can file? Please advise.

Learning

13 Replies

Pankaj V Bandekar (Legal)     17 April 2012

No one can prove that marriage was forceful as she has signed before regsitrar. Secondly, dont take any action against her father as that will spoil relations forever and what her father told about you would be proved true. No daughter will tolerate this.

You can obtain a writ of habeous corpus before High Court Mumbai and make her father produce his daughter before the Court. Also have a prayer that you have right to take your wife with you and demand police protection. Also give newspaper publication so that your father in law cannot get her secretly married to someone else. 

Do the things fast as the time is running away.

Be careful and all the best

Pankaj

anonymousboy (SME)     17 April 2012

Thanks Pankaj... I have got marriage certificate from the Alandi(pune) institues who perform hindu marriages (here we both signed) and a govt certificate from my Village(here we produced documents & photos of marriage and got the certificate). I have marriage photos where anyone can tell she was very happy...

Her dad has not yet filed any case against me. Shal i talk to him first? or shall i file a case.

If husnabd wife stay away from each other can court say that marrigae was void?

Thanks

anonymousboy (SME)     18 April 2012

@ Ashish Thanks..

Its more than 15 days that her dad came to know about our marriage but still he has not taken any action against me. He contacted us thru few friends just for enquiry but not gone for any legal action yet. He has good political and polioce contacts. What must be goign thorugh his mind? he was askign us wheteher we have registeration certificate or not? As per his friend he will accept our marriage if we have registration certificate. Is he playing games with us to know what proofs we have?

Also being political person i think he does not want this issue go to court or police. Can any experienced person guide me what should i do now?

I love the girl very much and do not want to loose her. I know if i take legal action then she will not like this and might be all things will get wrong..Please guide me

Vijay Kumar (Supply and Distribution Management)     03 May 2012

hi,

Pls try know the interest of your wife, if she is agree to live with you , than you can conveience her to live together.

if she is not agree to live with you, than try to know what she want.

if she want divorce than go ahead to be a bali ka bakra, men has o choice if wife not want to live with husband.

if she is ready to mutual divorce without any exchange than go ahead for divorce.

pls

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     03 May 2012

Moral of the story:  When married without permission of parents, should not interact with them later for any reason whatsoever.  Simply forget parents and live for each other.  Now you see it is all going to be criminalized if tensions rise.  You are doubtful that her father scared her.  What kind of scare you do not know.  He might have scared that he will harm you.  You do not know whether she is crying for you or changed her mind against you.  You are caught in a precarious situation because you allowed girl to interact with her parents.  If you want to talk to her forcibly, the girl's father will file false police cases against you that you are threatening her, harrassing her.  Then you do not know in her present state of mind whether she will support you or her father.  Or if she is supporting her father whether she is supporting her father out of fear that A. he might harm her B. that he might harm you  or because she changed her mind against you.  So it is a hell now in your mind for sending her back to her home. 

If you make police cases her father will happily criminalize your love affair and tell her "look he is a bad boy that is why he is initiating all this against us to tarnish our image in society".  If you do not make police cases, she will not come back.  What you will do now?

I can only advise you one thing.  Once she comes back (if she) never send her back to her home, not you go to your home.  Both of you assume all your family members died and live.  That is the only remedy for lovers who marry.

yashii (se)     03 July 2012

hello friends i understsnd your situation i faced same promblem for last year but i never lost confident and my family member ready to marriage with my lover and my marriage was drganised in in2events they believe in managing the events for our clients according to their needs and budget and providing them with the best services available in the market. and also help every condition in the life i enjoy lot with wedding planner in2event so you can help in2events.in all the best be confident.

yashii (se)     03 July 2012

hello friends i understsnd your situation i faced same promblem for last year but i never lost confident and my family member ready to marriage with my lover and my marriage was drganised in in2events they believe in managing the events for our clients according to their needs and budget and providing them with the best services available in the market. and also help every condition in the life i enjoy lot with wedding planner in2event so you can help in2events.in all the best be confident.

Prachi   04 August 2015

Hello sir,at 2013.me and my bf will be get married in alndi.but just now I know he is cheated me.and making new marriage. All certificates is in him.I does not have any proof.what I can do.plz help

deep (deep)     04 August 2015

R u married or engaged  ur ques no clear prachi

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     04 August 2015

@Prachi,  If your marriage has been solemnized in 2013, then even though you do not have marriage certificate right now and they ar with your husband, what you should do is

(1) File police complaint in the police station where the marrige happened or where you both resided together.

(2)  Engage an advocate and file a private criminal complaint before the magistrate of the area under bigamy (this will be only if he has already married other girl)

(3)  or if he has not yet married but to be married,then file a civil suit restricting him not to marry (Permanent injunction along with temporary injunction).

(4)  You file an application seeking duplicate copies of the marriage certificate before the marriage officer / arya samaj mandir, where the marriage happened.

Prabhakar, Advocate, (M) 9958670740

Legal Aid panelist - Family Law - Central Delhi (Tis Hazari)

Prachi   04 August 2015

I am married but my family member don't know about that.he tell me that afterword we tell to our family.but now he get married to other girl.ani that proof of married is in not may hand.he has only that cerificate. I don't have ani proof to told his family.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     04 August 2015

You should take the assistance of law, not his family.  Without marriage certificate also, you can move the court and in the meantime get duplicate copy of the marriage certificate.

Prabhakar, Advocate, (M) 9958670740

Legal Aid panelist - Family Law - Central Delhi (Tis Hazari)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register