LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amararorapar (Architejsact)     14 August 2017

Need advice

My wife had filed an FIR and we got it quashed in High Court after compromise. However, we again had differences and i sent her back to her maternal home. Now she has approached the police and filed a complaint against me and Police filed an FIR again under section 498 (A) and 420. 420 because she mentioned that i cheated her by showing fake degree certificate at the time of marriage and she has screenshot of certificate i had sent on whatsapp 1 month before wedding. I have got bail now and police is asking me to show them my degree certificate but i told them its lost 2 years back itself and i never re applied. So now they have written to the university itself and checking if i did degree or not . What will happen if they find out i dont have degreere and what i sent as whatapp to my wife is fake one? Will 420 be charged against me ? in the meantime i am vacating my current house and moving to another area. Will police ask for my new address ?


 5 Replies

Moxit Shah   14 August 2017

yes Police will ask for your new address. if you had no intention of absconding. it will be better you give it yourself to them. If your degree is found fake, you will be even charged for fabrication of document and for forged document. 

Mini Gnair   14 August 2017

Try to get admission for a new degree course

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 August 2017

Was the document fabricated?

You escaped by compromise.

You could have avoided differences thereafter.

Rajdeep Majumder (Junior Lawyer)     15 August 2017

yes you require to mention your new address. if your degrees are found fake police will change the charges and may be 420 will not be charged.

amararorapar (Architejsact)     24 August 2017

yes, false docs

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query