LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj (Intern)     07 November 2013

Name change

Hi All,

I am Pankaj from Panchkula Haryana, After completing my graduation I feel that I should change my name legally from Pankaj Kumar Mishra to Pankaj Mishra, but all my documents have old name (School certificates, graduation certificate,  Aadhar card, Pan Card etc.). 

Can anyone please help me with the required steps for name change in Panchkula and what all documents will be required? And after changing name is it required to change the name in school certificates as well?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.


 3 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     07 November 2013

You address a letter to the "District Collector" of your District, along with all your certificates, requesting the collector to change your name, as you want. In turn the Collector orderes to publish the name in a Gazette Notification.  et,c .,so there is a procedure.  First you address a letter to District Collector along with all required documents/certificates and Notary Affidavits if any. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2013

You can change your name on the basis of mere publication in any leading news paper or publishing it in the government gazette by filling up the necessary form and remitting fee for the purpose.  The said change cannot be incorporated in the educational certificates.

Deepak Baluni (Engineer)     28 August 2014

Anyone can help me understand what is a registered rental agreement which can be produced as address proof for passport. Also, Where can I get the registered rental agreement and what is the cost.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register