my rights on grandfather property

Dear All,

First of all, thanks for giving this wonderful website for clarifying all legal related informations. Great!!!

I am Balu, aged 29 yrs residing in chennai. I am here for clarification on my grandfather property.

My mother is only daughter of my grand father. My grandmother died few years later after my birth.

My Grandfather had married another aged women for helping him at his last years. The relationship between my mother and my second grand mother was not good. She avoided many things and stopped things what my grand father decided to settle my mother.

My grand father died on 1999. After that grand mother doesnt allow my mother into enter into my grand father home.

In 2010, she send us the legal notice of partioning the house and land. But we didnt reply to this notice till date. When we approached her, she doesnt ready to negotiate anything. she needs everything needs to be separated eqaully.

My mother said that the house belongs to great grandfather and it is partioned to my grandfather in my mother childhood days itself. It is not anyway related such as construction after my second grand mother got married.

My mother and my second grand mother is responsible for the properties.

My question:

1. I am the only grandson for the property. I need the full house and land to be given to me? Is that possible

2. My second mother interested in giving the property to their relation after equal partion.. My mother not interested in this since she doesnt spend anything. My Mother is willing her to stay in the house till second grandmother life time. after that the house and land should be transfer to myself. Is that possible?

3. Is she has rights in selling the property to anybody, since we didnt respond the legal notice send by her on 2010.

4. Can she sell without my mother signature?


What can be the best suggestion on my confusion. Since the rate of the property is increasing everyday, i feel afraid that my second grand mother and her relations will do any illegal things in transfering my grand father property.

My second grand mother doesnt have any children.


Please give your valuable suggestion on this. What can be legally done?




Regards, Balu







Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

he property of the grand father was his self acquired property then this property shall devolve to all his legal heir if he died intestate i.e. no testamentary document such as 'will' exist with regard to the property made by him during his life time.The property of a Hindu male dying intestate, or without a will, would be given first to heirs within Class I. If there are no heirs categorized as Class I, the property will be given to heirs within Class II.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x