Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Mohan   06 February 2020

My daughter in law and her family including my son is a prob

Dear Sir / Madam,

My name is ram Mohan and we live in Ghaziabad.

I have two sons. Elder soon and his family that including our grandchild stays with us. He is self-sufficient and takes care of his family financially. I have one younger son also and he is married. His wife and in laws are Punjabis where we are bramhin. His marriage was a love marriage. Initially, we were against this marriage as the girl was 4 years elder to him but somehow bowed to his desire and got them married. Since their marriage, his wife and the in laws are very jealous of our elder son and his family.

They feel:

1. our elder son stays with her and does not pay any rent. Whereas the younger one has to pay 25000 rs a month rent.

2. Our grandson is getting all our attention and the family is at ease without any worry.

3. How would the child of the younger son be brought up as younger son and his wife, both work?

4. There is always a demand for

4a. Settle the younger son for his house. We paid 10 Lac rs for buying his new house which costs 80 lac much beyond of their capacity. His father in law was behind this move.

4b. Once his in laws came to us and had a heated discussion with us on the above issues and thereafter, we are not in good talking terms. They say that we should ask our elder son to settle somewhere else and we should ask our younger son and his daughter to live with us. We however don’t want it.

5. The daughter in law will behave differently and on some or other pretext will stop talking to us, especially to my wife and indirectly torture our younger son.

6. Now they have started forcing our younger son to talk to us rudely and he also says the same that our elder son should be asked to go. Both of my sons and their families’ don’t talk to each other. Few days ago, he came to us and said that he started taking 'charas' etc as he is depressed due to our behaviour towards them and wanted to fight with his elder brother. He demanded 2 lac rs more for his house which we might give on the possession of his house as he might be short of funds.

7. Younger son and all his in laws and wife want my wife to be with them right from the day 1 of her pregnancy and take care. Just recently, she had a false pregnancy and on the very next day I and my wife both were to come to Europe for a business trip. They made hue and cry and wanted my wife to cancel her trip with me and support the daughter in law for terminating her pregnancy. We said your mother can assist as we have a pre planned schedule. However, they were bent upon to their wishes. We did not cancel the trip and went ahead with our plan. Now she and my son both don’t respond to our calls and waiting for our arrival in April to settle again. We are in a fix. We have two sons only. We can’t adjust with younger son and his wife and don’t want to leave our elder son. We are about 60 years old and want to retain elder son for our older days. We would be grateful to your advice to amicably settle it. Your advice will greatly help us. Best regards

Ram Mohan

Learning

1 Replies

Himanshu Ahuja   08 February 2020

treat both sons equally

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register