LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh (Software Eng)     14 July 2010

My company is not relieving me after one moth notice period

Hi, My company is not relieving me after one moth notice period.

Once i send a resignation letter to my manger & he spoke with me once & said me me think & decide on your resignation & given me 3 days to think it.

After 3 days i was trying to talk to him, he is not at all ready to talk to me on this & finally i sent an email reming i am going apart from the company. For that also he did not reply & 3 to 4 times a day for 5 days was going to his cabin and asking usually he was saying busy. Finally with my anger i fixed an appointment with him & decided a date he said 30th will be last & i was arguing with him that i had resigned on 30 June & it will be completed on 29th of July. (I am ready to till 30th July also). In the discussion he mentioned that employer can trouble an employee by relieving and all but i argued that you can not do such things.

Now the problem is i had prepared a plan for Knowledge Transfer on 12th July & sent it to my manager. Till now he is not at all replying to my emails on knowledge formalities & he is like he will start at the end of the moment & he may ask for extension of notice period.

My question is as i had already prepared a plan for Knowledge Transfer & he is not at all responding for that in future if he asks for extension my notice period can i file a case on him ??

Learning

3 Replies

Naveen Sharma (Manager)     14 July 2010

Hi Santosh,

You are still left with 16 days. Don't get so panic , hold your agressiveness & speak with him. Try to convience your boss, I hope things will get resolved. If you have decided to go no body can stop you but go with proper exit.

Don't think of legalities at this stage.

Regards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2010

When you have decided to leave the company;

Send a clear communication addressed to your appointing authority  through Registred post preferably/or official email id,stating you are submitting your ...month notice of resignation/resignation with immediate effect  from the Date of ..., as per the clause number ......of your  appointment letter/contract of employment.You can mark a copy to your reporting authority.Retain a copy of your communication and proof of its despatch/proof of its receipt with you.Or submit by hand and obtain its receipt.

You may send a crisp communication narrating your date of submission of your notice of resignation from service  effective from ....and mention that you have met your reporting authority on .... and expressed.... and submiited plan for knowledge transfer on....for asmooth transition and that you would like to be relieved from .... and that all the formalities may kindly be completed with in this period, and retain a copy of communication,proof of despatch/receipt.Enclose the copy of your email you have sent.

Prepare a list of company property you have and ask to whom you should submit the company property under receipt.

Try and gather info on the exit formalities from your HR in confidence, and plan and prepare accordingly. 

Santosh (Software Eng)     22 July 2010

Hi Naveen, thanks your reply & today he sent a confirmation mail to me & our HR stating i will get relieve on 30th July

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register