Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reshmi143   02 March 2018

My brother took my closes account cheque.

My brother took my closed account Cheque leaf and brought Mac laptop and phone, he put my signature on that Cheque, and given to the seller. After couple of week the seller get know about that , that the account is not in his name , also the account is closed , and the account is with my name. After a month that seller called me and asked me the amount for the product . That time only I know that my brother gave my closed Cheque to the seller. I get shocked at that time. After getting torcher from that seller I gave 50k to that seller , but now he is blackmailing me and my family also, he told that he will give police case against me. I don't know what to do at this moment. I don't have that much money also. And How can I give money that I didn't do any thing in this Cheque case, after this issue my brother run away , we don't know where he is , but day by day the seller blackmailing me and my family , and he told that he will goto police . Even I got a call from police , and I explained everything to police also ,but police is going to charge case it's seems ,and police also involving me in this case ,police is telling like ,that your Cheque only got with seller nu, I don't know what to do. Even in the Cheque my signature is wrote by my brother, I don't know where he get that Cheque. Please tell me what I should do in this. Please.

Learning

17 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2018

You can immediately submit police complaint against your brother and the person who is pressing payment on the basis of forged cheque

or

pay him full amount written on these cheques (with interest if any ) and blackmail before or after going to jail.

The above views are expressed without knwoing the facts :-

1. what was the propduct which seller gave.
  2. whom he gave
  3. when he gave.
  4. when he knew account is closed
  5. when he approached you.
  6. when you learnt about the forgary.
  7. how your learned aout forgary.
  8. have you challnaged your signatures on cheques
  9. when you challnaged your signatures on cheques.
  10. how you challnaged your signatures on cheques
  11. before whom you challnaged your signatures on cheques
  12. how much is the amount involved
  13. when you paid Rs 50K
  14. how you paid this amount
  15. why you paid this amount
  16. how your brother could get these cheqes
  17. what is background of your brother.
  18. HOW CAN YOU PROVE THAT YOU WERE NOT IN CONNIVANCE WITH YOUR BROTHER TO CHEAT INNOSENT TRADER.
  19. WHY IT SHOULD NOT BE BELIEVED THAT YOU YORSELF GAVE THESE CHEQUES OR YOUR SELF HANDED OVER CHEQUE BOOK TO YOUR BROTHER.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     03 March 2018

It appears that you are not only a careless person but also one who does things without realising the gravity of your own responses. You should have known the kind of person your brother was. When you closed your bank account you should have either surrendered the unused cheque leaves to the bank or destroyed them, especially when you knew that there was a thief in your own house. As though that was not enough you paid the seller when confronted. That would have confirmed that you were  a part of the conspiracy with your brother and also an abettor of the crime. You are yourself responsible for the damages done so far. At least now you file an FIR against your brother for theft and forgery. Do not delay.

reshmi143   03 March 2018

This cheque case happen a year back. 1)The product was 3-4 mac(apple) laptops. 2)the seller gave to my brother , and my brother gave the cheque , and he wrote my signature in that. After that my brother is missing 3)It happened before a year in 2017. 4)when the seller go-to the bank for exchange the money ,that time he know about that the account is closed more than a year , and the seller asked the account details, that time only the seller know that , the closed account is with my name . 5,6,7)after 6month the seller approach me through phone, and told about what happened exactly . That time only I knew about it. And the seller told that he have the CC to footage that my brother giving him the cheque nu.but till now I didn't even see any CC tv footage. 8,9,10,11) I didn't even see that cheque , but my brother wrote my signature on that cheque, in CC to footage we can get a clear view , but seller didn't show me the CC tv footage. 12)The amount involved is 3.5lac. 13,14)before 6month I gave 50k through cash ,and the seller gave receipt for that. 15)after getting continuous called from seller , and some group of people are came in front of my home at night and asked money . That time we decided to give money . Am a normal person , I don't have that much money , so I borrowed from my officemate and gave 50k, also I need to secure my parents, also I need a peasefull life for my family so gave 50k.after that also we asked the seller , that remaining amount we will pay in installments. But seller didn't even take our words.after a couple of months we didn't get any call from him. But now again he is calling and blackmailing me and my family. 16)I didn't even know that how my brother got my closed cheque nu. May be he got it from home , when he came for holidays. 17)my brother is working in a company as administrator. And he have other business too. Before one year my brother got lose in his business , that time only this cheque forgery happen. 18)Am not at all involved in this cheque matter , I didn't even know that where was the closed account cheque was. Also the seller have a CC tv footage ,that shows by brother is giving cheque writing my signature also. But the seller told me like this , so far I didn't see any CC tv footage . 19)I didn't even involved in this, but the police is asking the same question. What should I do, I a normal person with a middle class family , we didn't even have a own house , even my marriage is fixed , then y should I go for this problems n all. Even I need a peasefull life with my parents. Please tell me what to do in this , others are involving me in this .how can I prove . Even my parents are feeling more.

This cheque case happen a year back. 1)The product was 3-4 mac(apple) laptops. 2)the seller gave to my brother , and my brother gave the cheque , and he wrote my signature in that. After that my brother is missing 3)It happened before a year in 2017. 4)when the seller go-to the bank for exchange the money ,that time he know about that the account is closed more than a year , and the seller asked the account details, that time only the seller know that , the closed account is with my name . 5,6,7)after 6month the seller approach me through phone, and told about what happened exactly . That time only I knew about it. And the seller told that he have the CC to footage that my brother giving him the cheque nu.but till now I didn't even see any CC tv footage. 8,9,10,11) I didn't even see that cheque , but my brother wrote my signature on that cheque, in CC to footage we can get a clear view , but seller didn't show me the CC tv footage. 12)The amount involved is 3.5lac. 13,14)before 6month I gave 50k through cash ,and the seller gave receipt for that. 15)after getting continuous called from seller , and some group of people are came in front of my home at night and asked money . That time we decided to give money . Am a normal person , I don't have that much money , so I borrowed from my officemate and gave 50k, also I need to secure my parents, also I need a peasefull life for my family so gave 50k.after that also we asked the seller , that remaining amount we will pay in installments. But seller didn't even take our words.after a couple of months we didn't get any call from him. But now again he is calling and blackmailing me and my family. 16)I didn't even know that how my brother got my closed cheque nu. May be he got it from home , when he came for holidays. 17)my brother is working in a company as administrator. And he have other business too. Before one year my brother got lose in his business , that time only this cheque forgery happen. 18)Am not at all involved in this cheque matter , I didn't even know that where was the closed account cheque was. Also the seller have a CC tv footage ,that shows by brother is giving cheque writing my signature also. But the seller told me like this , so far I didn't see any CC tv footage . 19)I didn't even involved in this, but the police is asking the same question. What should I do, I a normal person with a middle class family , we didn't even have a own house , even my marriage is fixed , then y should I go for this problems n all. Even I need a peasefull life with my parents. Please tell me what to do in this , others are involving me in this .how can I prove . Even my parents are feeling more.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     03 March 2018

You want peace at any cost. You and your parents want peace even if that would amount to yielding to unjustified harrassment. Then go to that shop-keeper negotiate a deal and pay him that amount. Also prepare a Memorandum of Understanding which should state that the shop-keeper would not harrass you any more. If you cannot do that, go to the police and file a complaint against your brother. Also ask the police for protection from the shop-keeper.

Now you have come with some facts.

You have now introduced new facts that your brother is missing and that you agree to pay all amount in instalement

Why should the cheated person accept such argument.  All that he knows that :-

You and your brother cheated him.You gave cheque of closed account but kept your brother's face in the deals and whe cheated party came with demand you a pretending to be third person. When seing situation getting ugly you intended to walk away by paying part some and offering instalements for remaining sum.

All this mess gives a reasonable impression that once taken on police remand you may reveal your brother's whereabouts by next morning.

you said

8,9,10,11) I didn't even see that cheque , but my brother wrote my signature on that cheque, in CC to footage we can get a clear view , but seller didn't show me the CC tv footage.

You need to see the cheque if you remember not having signed it.  You have so far not denied your signatures on the cheque.  Why at all someone (or anyone) shoul dbelieve that youare nto part of conspiracy and why it should not be believed that you signed cheque.

I don't done any thing in this cheque matter . Am not a person like that , I don't want others money also. Am middle class person , my family is happy with what I earned monthly, if it's small amount also we are happy in that. Am not a person like greedy on other money. Also I didn't signed on that cheque, my brother wrote my signature. Think like you have the same problem in your family. And night infornt of your home there are so many people asking money. What u will do ? That u did have involved in this. That only I did , so only I payed some amount of money to that seller. Its my faith that am paying amount for some one did, u don't understand what type of feeling it's like. Also thank you for your reply , Thank you

I don't done any thing in this cheque matter . Am not a person like that , I don't want others money also. Am middle class person , my family is happy with what I earned monthly, if it's small amount also we are happy in that. Am not a person like greedy on other money. Also I didn't signed on that cheque, my brother wrote my signature. Think like you have the same problem in your family. And night infornt of your home there are so many people asking money. What u will do ? That u did have involved in this. That only I did , so only I payed some amount of money to that seller. Its my faith that am paying amount for some one did, u don't understand what type of feeling it's like. Also thank you for your reply , Thank you

you said thrice

I don't done any thing in this cheque matter . Am not a person like that , I don't want others money also. Am middle class person , my family is happy with what I earned monthly, if it's small amount also we are happy in that. Am not a person like greedy on other money. Also I didn't signed on that cheque, my brother wrote my signature. Think like you have the same problem in your family. And night infornt of your home there are so many people asking money. What u will do ? That u did have involved in this. That only I did , so only I payed some amount of money to that seller. Its my faith that am paying amount for some one did, u don't understand what type of feeling it's like. Also thank you for your reply , Thank you "

That is OK if you are honest and not greedy.

Hinding face by pigeon doe snot mean that cat is not there.

Please see the evidence you collected against you.

Please see the matter from the perspective of the person who sold goods and get cheques of closed account.

If you were seller would you have accepted the silly argument like

1. your brother stole cheques
  2. your brother foreged signature
  3. your brother is now not available
  4. you do not know where brother is
  5. your will not pay because of 1 to 4 above.

better pay all the dues without going in thana.

cherukuri prasad (Advocate)     04 March 2018

you should give police complaint. nothing to worry. unnecessarily you gave 50k to seller. meet SP of your District

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 March 2018

Is reshmi143  brother or sister of the culprit brother?  You may be innocent. But so far you have behaved as though you are hand in glove with your brother. Or it is also possible that your dilinquent brother is hand in glove with the shop-keeper to cheat you knowing that you are a gullible person. If you want to get out of this, make a police complaint against your brother and the shop-keeper. Say that they are conspiring to cheat you. Ask the police to ask the shop-keeper to show the CCTV footage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register