LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash (asst)     14 May 2012

My brother asking for power of attornet

Sir, My brother is asking for power of attorney so that property can be transferred to mothers name. Father died. Did not made a will. I am in Bangalore. Mother and brother in Delhi. he is asking POA so that I relinquish my share and him also so that property can be transferred to mothers name.


 3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 May 2012

Regd., PA is necessary.  If you are not interested then leave it.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     14 May 2012

If you desire to release your interest in your mother's favour - then you can execute a registered relinquishment deed in your mother's favour coupled with POA to your brother authorising him to register that reliquishment deed on your behalf, please note that this POA is also required to be registered in case you don't go in for registration formalities yourself. 

Krish (unavailable)     15 May 2012

Why not go there in person and register land in your mothers name? Is your brother trustworthy person? Hemayhave other ideas to sell property and leave both your mother and you without any property or profits from.  Property. Please go in person talk to mother and ask her what her desire is in absence of brother, if your are concerned about your mothers welfare. She needs to tell you directly what's he wants. If she is old, how is she going to be taken care of her financially. Is the proceds from property going to be used to take care of her future needs? So there is ore to think about then a poa and relinquishing your share. There is a lot of property fraud going on even amongst family members. Take heed and protect your mother by going there in person to ensure everything is on the up and up.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register