Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Salman321   16 September 2017

Muslim: marriage not consummated want divorce after 2 months


I got married around 2 months ago.

The problem with me was that the girl was in a lot of makeup when i had gone to see her once and she hid her actual face which was with a lot of scars and totally different from what she looks with makeup.

Also, the photos she sent me before marriage were with makeup and totally different from what she actually looks like.

She says after i visited her, she had a facial accident in the beauty parlour and her face was spoiled. She didnt notify me about this before marriage.

As a result, when i saw her after marriage i was totally shocked and didnt feel any attraction towards her. We never had s*xual intercourse.

I lived with her for only 18 nights without s*x.

I feel cheated and want to divorce her.

She and her family are threatening me that if i divorce her they will trouble me with court and police.

I'm living seperately from her since the last one week as i can no longer live with her.

This is my second marriage. This marriage was done with the consent of my first wife and this second wife was aware i have the first wife with children before she married me.

We are from 2 different cities and marriage was done in masjid by a Qazi in her city and not registered in court.

Can I give her tripple talaq now?

Can any lawyer help me out from this situation? If yes then please leave your mobile number in the reply to this thread. I will contact you.

I suffer from depression and im severely depressed since the marriage.

Please advise me what to do, how to divorce her. I can no longer live with her. I cannot go to her house. I feel extreme repulsion towards her and no amount of counselling will help here.

I spent a lot of money to get her skin treated in these 2 months but the doctor says her skin is not responding.

I am a muslim and she is a muslim. Can I divorce her under Islamic Law? How can I avoid any trouble from court and police which her parents are threatening me with.

What case she can file against me in court now and when i divorce her? Why and how will police trouble me now and after I divorce her?

Also there is big incompatibility and cultural difference between us.

Her family also accused me of being impotent and I told them im ready to take this false accusation if it is helping their daughter after divorce.

Please help me.


 3 Replies

advt Mukunda muniyappa (advocate)     16 September 2017

she can file dowry harrasment case or  and Domestic Voilence case. you can file a case for divorce  under fruad and cheating . but burden of proof lie on you.

Salman321   16 September 2017

with tripple talaq now disallowed, how do I file for divorce from her?

i have her photographs that were shown to me before marriage. Is this proof enough?

sachin sharma (Advocate)     02 November 2017

You can divorce your wife as per the correct procedure of Muslim law. You will have to utter TALAQ word in 3 different Tuhar period (Tuhr is the period of wife’s purity i.e. a period between two menstruations). During this period you will not indulge in s*xual activity with your wife. Once, the iddat period of 3 months is over, the Talaq will become final.

But remember, you will have to pay maintenance to her, also she can use Domestic Violence allegation against you but that need to be proved. So, if you do not want to live with her, its better to get divorce, though as I have said, Maintenance amount will be paid by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query