IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailesh ghule   14 February 2023

Muslim husband Divorce by court

Under which Law/ section Muslim husband should be file divorce petition in court ?


 1 Replies

Mohammed Kutbuddin Vohra   15 February 2023

You will have to seek talaq process as per Shariyat appointing two Arbitrator or Consiliators in the community and follow the process post which you may apply for divorce degree from Family Court under Establishment of Family Court Act which will validate the Talaq as per customs.
Do refer Judgement of Dagdu Pathan vs. Rambi passed by Hon'ble High court of bombay.

M. K. Vohra & Associates.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query