FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Pradhan (-)     24 April 2012

Mothers property...


Dear Lawyers,

My mother is Gov Servant. My father never had permanent job. when i got married, i had to leave my parents home due to constant fights in between me and my jobless,insecure father. During that time to avoid fights, i even prepared notary (from advocate) for my parents that me,my wife and future offsprings are giving up our share of my parents property. but they didnt  took that copy. My Parents never gave me anything, didnt spend a rupee in my marriage. we are two siblings, they spent lot of money in my sisters wedding, and now i came to know that my mother kept my sister and her husband as a nominee for all her retirement money..Financially i am not that sound so i want to know that since my parents never accepted / took that notary copy from me...can i claim my share of property or what is a law for mothers property towards son and daughter .


Thanks for your advice..


 2 Replies


The said property earn by your mother herself. Its not parental property. so you cant claim in your moyther property.

Vakeel Civil Court (Director)     25 April 2012

It is ultimately your mother's wish that will prevail.

Only nomination will not deprive your share. But a "WILL" or GIFT in favour of your sister will defenately exclude you. Other wise you have equal share along with your sister.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query