LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Sarkar (N/A)     11 January 2014

Mother transferred property to brothers w/o giving me share

Sir, I would like your valuable advice regarding this matter: My father died in 1974. Since then I have been handling the family from my own salary. I have two brothers whom my mother has transferred the property even without letting me know. (I came to know from municipal tax bill that the property has been transferred)

Do I have any rights over the property?

Can I claim my share?

PS: The property was in the name of my mother

My middle brother left the house since 20 years but received a share.

The concerned lawyer who has done the transfers says that my mother has told him that my two brothers are jobless but in reality they are doing business and are successful

I feel cheated that whom I have nurtured since their childhood has forcefully barred me from the property. I have NO LAND

The land is 6 cottahs

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 January 2014

Being a Hindu female she is well within her rights to transfer the same as she desire especially when it is her self acquired property .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2014

If it was your mother's property, her action of disposing the properties as per her desire cannot be questioned legally.   She can settle/transfer/sell or gift the property to any one during her life time or can execute a will in any one's favor for inheritance after her death.  She does not have to inform anyone or consult any one about this before doing it.   Even now you may convince your mother to ask your brothers to compensate you in lieu with some amount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register