LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Shukla (Teacher)     23 February 2015

Money receipts.

A and B are two brothers and A had promised to construct for B a room as part of the settlement in an immovable joint property and this was recorded in an unregistered family agreement. Now A paid the construction money to B and B acknowledged this by signing in plain paper about this. Now later B is denying this when a partition case has started between the two. 

Does this receipt of money by B need to be registered in order to be included as evidence in court? Kindly mention which Section of which Act you are referring to. Thanks.


 1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 February 2015

what ever proof you have is sufficient to prove.it need not be registered

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register