LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anuj lath   02 December 2021

Money lending business in delhi

I want to start a business of money lending in Delhi. I have a few questions related to it. If you could answer them, it would be great.

1) Will I be regulated under the Punjab Money Lending Act?
2) Is there any restrictions or cap on the maximum percentage of interest that I can charge?
3)What is the maximum amount I can lend to an individual or a single compan

Learning

1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   02 December 2021

1.) Those who wanted to start a money lending business should have to apply for a money lender licence to carry on business of money lending.
In order to apply for the same the eligible person needs to apply with required documents to the respective deputy commissioner's designated to process the request.

2.) As per money lending act, interest on loans cannot be charged exorbitantly. The normal interest that shall be chargeable shall restrict to 24% pa.

3.) For this it is very important to understand that the amount of loan that one needs influences the type of money lender. Therefore, in cases of larger loans, one might need a combination of several lenders.

Regarding this matter some basic regulations of the Money Lending Rules in India state that —
(a) The accumulated exposure of a lender to all the borrowers across all the P2P platforms at a time shall be limited to Rs. 10 lakh.

(b) The exposure of a lender to the same borrower shall not exceed Rs. 50,000 across all the platforms of P2P.

(c) The loan maturity time cannot be more than 36 months.

(d) All fund transfers between lender and borrower and vice versa has to be via bank accounts and any mode of cash transactions are strictly prohibited.

Hope It Helps!

Regards,
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register