Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harsh pratap singh (sseef)     13 March 2024

Mismatch in area of house in registry papers!

Dear Sir,

My father purchased a corner house (within a rectangular plot) from local development authority (government body) based in UP in early 1990s.

Being a corner House it has a built up portion and extra land ( approx 55 meter square) adjacent to the built up portion, which is within the boundary walls of the house (as originally purchased from government body). There are two roads intersecting at 90 degrees just next to boundary walls. Development authority has charged extra money for being a corner house and extra land.

Now my father is no more and i want to sell the house, but registry papers show that the area of full house is = area of built up portion only (freehold) and extra land is showing leased land.

Registry of house was done when i was just a kid. Now I want to sell the whole house (built up portion+ extra land) which falls within the boundary wall of the house. 

Please advice what to do.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 March 2024

If the  original sale deed is showing the extra portion as leasehol;d and the constructed portion as freehold then you cannot do anything about it now.

Your father should have got it rectified at that time itself.

However you can sell the leasehold property too along with the freehold constructed portion and mention the same as per the recitals made in the original sale deed. 

harsh pratap singh (sseef)     17 March 2024

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

I did not understand your sentence, can you elaborate "However you can sell the leasehold property too along with the freehold constructed portion and mention the same as per the recitals made in the original sale deed"

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register