Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj Kumar Giri (NA)     25 January 2014

Misbehave by bank employee

Dear Experts,

I would like ask a case about misbehavior done by a bank employee. The case is one day I and one of my friend visit a Bank for deposit of money of Rs.1500/- only, waiting for my turn in queue, when my turn came for deposit the cashier asked me to wait because one of his familiar person came to deposit  amount and when I contended that please maintain the rule which was adopted by them of being in queue, for that a argument has been done by me, that why the cashier is doing bias as he is a public servant he has to follow the rule, for this act the cashier stopped me for more than 1 hours and when I made a oral complain to the Bank Manager, The Bank Manager too told me to sort out the problem without disturbing Bank work and told me that he can't entertain these type of complain. I would like to know that what  punitive action should I take against the Cashier and where to make complain should a written complain can be filed and to whom or how to take the matter to Court. Is it will work by taking the matter to Court.

Learning

6 Replies

pundalika achyuta bhat (retired)     25 January 2014

Mr. Giri, first submit a written complaint to the Branch Manager explaining the incident. Obtain acknowledgement on the second copy of your complaint letter with Bank Rubber Stamp/ signature/ name of the Manager/date. Be prepared with one customer of the said Bank who is known to you and who can be used as a witness to the incident. Further the customer you choose as your witness should be co-operative in confirming the grievances raised by you through the complaint letter as and when called by the Bank. 

With regards,

Pundalika Bhat.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 January 2014

The whole episode and declinature of BM to handle the complaint is all in CCTV coverage with audio.

The cashiers, BM have been rude, insulting in the bank.

Within the bank you can lodge the complaint to Chairman of the bank and demand CCTV coverage with audio from bank,  and your lawyer may opine that you can lodge a complaint with police, BO, BCSBI also.

pundalika achyuta bhat (retired)     25 January 2014

Good suggestion by Mr. Kumar Doab to ask for CCTV footage. Mr. Giri, but make sure that your request for CCTV footage should be made within 15 days to 30 days of the incident narrated by you, because back up of CCTV footage is limited to 7/15/30 days depending upon the CCTV’s storage capacity. With regards, Pundalika Bhat

Neeraj Kumar Giri (NA)     26 January 2014

Thanks Experts for your co-operation.

I would like to know that  after making a written complain to concern authority, shall I ask for status of the complain under RTI Act 2005.

And please tell me that under which law and section a police complain can be filed.

Thank You. 

pundalika achyuta bhat (retired)     27 January 2014

Mr.Giri, after submitting your written complaint wait for 21 days and then proceed further as below: 1) If no reply comes within 21 days then send one more letter giving 7 days time to reply. 2) Even after first reminder if the Bank fails to reply then forward your complaint to higher authorities. Send copy of the letter to the concerned Branch for information. 3) Even after that if your query is not attended by the Bank then approach the Banking Ombudsman. With regards, Pundalika Bhat.

Sameer Anavkar   16 November 2019

Sir is there any protocol how to behave the customer should followe the bankers??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register