Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mallappa.G (Engineer)     17 December 2013

Married daughter share in father earned brothers property

Hello Sir,

I have one elder brother and one younger brother, both of them got married.I am widow and my father had passed away in year 1998.

My father had purchased 10 acres agri land on elder brother,  6 acres agri land on younger brother when registered the land on both brothers  name they were minor.Also he had purchased 7 acres land on my mother name.Both my brothers are staying separately but my mother is staying with me becuase  my brother wives are taking care of her and family partition is not done yet. I am  taking care of mother all expenses since 3 years.brothers  are not supporting me financially.So I have decided  to  claim my share in brothers agriculture land.

1) Is it possible to claim my share from my brothers agri lands?

2) How to claim legally?

3) Can my mother can transfer her 7 acres land on my name? if yes, is she has to take NOC from my brothers?

4) Can my mother can sell her 7 acres land without consulting my brothers?

Any suggestions..

Thanks

Kasturi

How to claim

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2013

The property is registered in brother’s name and now they are major. On attaining majority the brothers can give away their land as they please. If they please they can give a share to you although they won’t have any compulsion.

During her life time mother can giveaway wealth in her name to any one as she pleases to do it.

She can give it to you.

It shall be appropriate to approach a local lawyer well versed with such matters and obtain opinion in person.

Mallappa.G (Engineer)     19 December 2013

Thank you for your advise.

I will contact local advocate and take action accordingly 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register