Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (Analyst)     07 April 2013

Marriage registration process

Hello,

I have few queries regarding Marriage registration process and to obtain marriage certificate -

1. Can I get Registered Marriage before actually getting married under Hindu marriage?

2. Which form is used to give a month's notice to registrar? Does it require both Bride and Bridegroom's signature?

3. Should the address proof be of current address only? For current address proof I have only Bank statement. Addressess in voter ID, passport etc are different that the current address.

4. Should the registered marriage be done where we have current address proof or it can be done in same state or anywhere in India? I have read few posts where its mentioned that registered marriage has be done in the same constituency Registrar office where either of the couple have current address proof.

5. What is the timeline to get Marriage certificate after the registered marriage?

I am currently outside India and will be getting married in June (in Karnataka). I want to get marriage certificate asap so that I can apply spouse visa.

Any help on this would be great.

Thank you.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register