LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maa Kir (Tech)     07 September 2013

Marriage problem and lawyer notice format

We were married for 9 years and till date my wife creates problems. It has amounted to gross mental torture and agony. Picking up quarrel for every small inch of an issue has become of an habit. She does not even treat me like a human being. She always tells that kids are your kids and not ours. She has a very peculiar behaviour of being nice or normal for maximum 3 days in a month and rest of the days she is always abnormal adding up with quarrel or some or the other sort. Now she went to her parents house and after one week we got a lawyer notice stating some incidents and finally asking for kids.  I went to her home to call her back but unfortunately her mother and brother are not allowing to talk to her. This is becoming painful for me.

Now when we saw the details of the notice all the incidents are lies and cooked-up. I did not find any serial number or any reference number in the notice. Is it still valid Or was the notice sent just for threatening.  

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 September 2013

1. The Notice is meant to fish out what is your mood all about; part ways amicably or via Court. Basically such Notice needs ‘response’ and not ‘reaction’.
2. Amicably parting involves coming more than half way to her demands on custody - division of joint assets - alimony etc. etc.
3. Via Court parting involves; years spent in Court trying to talk to each other in some corridors of Court to know more about each other and at the end divorce one gets for sure but with better understanding of its price one paid.

See where you like to be based on what exactly you want at the end of such acrimonious marital life and then consult with an Advocate found via reference and act accordingly now that a Legal Notice has landed at your doorstep which needs ‘response’.

Addendum advice:
Spend next few days reading past discussions on divorce and related topics under family law forum here in LCI to make up your mind and to know quality of journey ahead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register