LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Marriage my wife own sister with out giving divorce

Dear Sirs,My Name is Krishna .Due to some problems My wife own  sister  Family life was disturbed. As per our cast formalities both together  signed agreemet ,which one was provided by Lwayer.

Both parties signed (couple). As per my wife advise  we are planing to give shelter for her. And I’m planing to Marriage Her ,with agree of My wife and my wife parents(father and mother) everybody accepted.

Inthis concern I have some doubts?

·         They didn’t taken Divorce(Signed agreement Bond paper),so is tehre any chance to file any case against to Me(If I will marrie her).

·         What is the procedure for marrie my wife own sisiter? With out giving divorce to my wife.




 11 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     10 October 2014

What you plan to do is illegal and can lead to a lot of problems for you and all your family.


you should take advice from a lawyer , preferably from your community,  so as to understand better.

Jimmy (Manager)     10 October 2014

Contact a psychiatrist and get yourself admitted in a mental hospital at the earliest possible. 

1 Like

Mohd Maqsood (Advocate & Tax Consultant)     10 October 2014

If you marry your wife sister it is illegal and you can prosecute under Hindu marriage Act , first take divorce then you can marry  

S. P. ASHOK (Advocate Bombay High Court 8450920005 advocatespashok@gmail.com)     10 October 2014

Marriage is a legal concept, though considered by many as social. Everything like marriage, divorce etc. is governed by certain sets of laws and rules. And  laws on hindu marriage is the most   codified laws in the country. Consent of your family members cannot be taken into account to violate the law of land. There are many issues like if anything happens to you and you die, who will be your legally wedded wife for claim on your property and other financial assets. Please do not fall into the web of  legal, social and financial problems. Rather try to get settle your sister-in-law somewhere else. Do not ruin her, yours and your wife and your children lives. GOD BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Deenupriya (--)     10 October 2014

Talk to Advocate Sophiya of Delhi High Court, she is best in matrimonial matter's and her number is 9718983434.



CompelledToLearnLaw (Financial Examiner)     17 October 2014

Dharminder did it. Why should a common man do any less?
I hope ur wife’s sister looks like Hema. I can tell by ur willingness that she is no less.
Brother, ur situation has lighted up my head with fantasies. You will be in heavens at nights. A king in a democracy. 
Just don’t do a court or temple marriage. Any other risk involved is worth taking. U r already married so the worst has already happened. 

498A-filed (Advisor)     17 October 2014


The author has come here for legal advice. Your advice is good for fantasy but it is not practical. This is my view.

1 Like

S R SHETTY (MANAGER - LEGAL)     31 October 2014

To take care of sister-in-law why marriage is required. You can take care of her if she is in need and try to rehabilitate her. If you have capacity, as advised by my ld colleagues, try to give separate accommodation.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2014

you are gpoing to dosomething illegal./


Is she married?

has she got divorce?

have you got divorce from your wife?

legaljoe68 (member)     26 July 2015

log bechare ek se pareshan hei tum do do se marriage karna chahate ho . hats of to u


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register