LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Kumar (RM)     11 August 2011

Marriage certificate

Dear Law Expert,

1)I want to know where i can registerd my marriage and how?  i am staying Bannergattha Rd Bangalore,

2)I have to add my wife's surname. what is the process and where i can do.

Plz guide me.


 3 Replies

meera (legal)     11 August 2011

Marriages under Hindu Marriage Act can be registered in the office of the Registrar of Marriage within the jurisdiction of which the marriage has taken place or in the office of Marriage Officer in whose jurisdiction the bride or bride-groom resides;

In Bangalore city Office of the Marriages/Registrar of Marriages is located in different places. District Registrars are Registrars of Marriages under Parsi Marriage Act and their Offices are situated in all District Headquarters.

Application for marriage filled in prescribed form with name and address of bridegroom and bride, signature of bride and bridegroom, signature of 3 attesting witness present at the time of marriage along with their name and address, joint photo of bride and bridegroom with signature over such photo should be presented to the Registrar of Marriage.

b) Marriage officer will verify the contents of the application and records. He will issue certificate of marriage if he is satisfied that the records produced are in accordance with law.

Bridegroom and bride should give notice of intended marriage 30 days in advance of solemnisation along with prescribed fees. They must have lived continuously for not less than 30 days within the jurisdiction of marriage officer before giving the notice.

2. If no objections are received within 30 days from the date of notice of intended marriage, bridegroom and bride should appear before the Marriage Officer within next 60 days after lapse of 30 days from such notice along with three witnesses for solelmnisation of the Marriage. Marriage Officer after following procedure prescribed under act and rules will solemnsie the marriage. If marriage is not solemnised within 90 days from the date of notice fresh notice has to be issued.

3. Marriage Officer will administer oath in the prescribed form and solemnise marriage and issue certificate of marriage.

29, Sub-Registrar Jigani, No.459/39/2, Bannerghatta Village, Opp. Police Station, Bannerghatta, Bangalore - 560083. 080-27828207.

Document to Produce to Sub -registrar both  should passport size joint photo in 5 copies, Wedding Invitation card,&  Wedding Photo copy, ID proof copy and Address Proof  copy of the both parties.

meera (legal)     11 August 2011

ID Proof - Passport, Driving License, Photo Voters ID card.
Address Proof- Bank statements, wage slips etc, Ration Card,
Age Proof- Passport, Driving License, Photo Voters ID card,
Joint Photo, 2x3 inches - 3 numbers
Original Invitation that you printed for inviting guests.
Recipt of marriage hall or recipt for payment made to place where you got married.
Signature of 3 witnesses on the application form. 2 Signatories have to be one parent from each side and the third person is any person who came to the wedding.

Take all this and apply for Marriage Registration. It is a simple process and will be done on same day if you went early in the morning.

rahul (hr executive)     12 August 2011

can any one kindly tel me what is the process of getting married in aarya samaj in hyderabad.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads